Ep. 2 The Masquerade Ball Part 3

(Karlea's POV)

Wylo and I ran to the other side of the manor near the library to make sure that we were not being followed. "Wait up, Wylo. We have to go and save my friends. I want to make sure that if there is still a way that they can leave then they are able to. I need to make sure that they are not in danger because of me." I told Wylo. I felt guilty because I knew that this was all my fault as to why my friends were stuck here. I then heard a door opening, out came my friends, Allison, and an unconscious vampire. "We will rescue your friends, but right now I need to make sure that you are safe from the sorceress. You have to trust me on this ok?" Wylo pulled my arm as he continued to pull me away. We both jumped when we heard a door open behind us.

"Karlea you're ok. We all got so scared when we found out you were taken." Tana told me while she and Tyler came up to hug me. I have got to tell them the truth as to why I had invited them here. I just hope that they will forgive me. "Wylo, Allison can you guys please give me and my friends a little privacy please?" I asked them both. Allison said they would be close by to be sure nothing surprises us. "Guys, you are all probably wondering why you have been invited here and that is a long story. I invited you here when I had met Allison, she told me everything that was going on. " I told everyone and I went to explain more but then a vampire came around.

We followed Allison around to the front of the house where this crazy night started. I felt to pairs of arms wrap around me and I moved my head back to attack them. "Ow, I guess I deserved that. I kinda wish that you did not hit my nose is the thing. I am still glad to see that you are ok." I turned around whenever I recognized the voice. I gave Liza, Lauren, and Andrea. I then go over to Joey and hug him. "Sorry Joey, I thought you were a vampire. Here love, bend down." Joey bent down and I kissed his nose. Joey then hugged me around the waist and held me behind him, while we went towards Wylo and Allison holding the stake. "Joey stop, they are helping us get out of here. I know Allison and Wylo helped me escape from the dungeon."

We then headed towards where the carriage was supposed to be and I could hear Gabby or someone else. "Alex let Lauren get taken and Joey let Karlea get taken. I would break up with them if I were you guys." I just ignored that and leaned closer towards Joey. I have a big secret that I had just learned about and I have no idea what this means. Allison lead us to this lounge and I could only focus on a picture. The picture was a portrait of the sorceress and I could see that the necklace she was wearing was a necklace that I saw as a little girl. (Flashback of 5-year-old Karlea) -"Karlea look here. This is a necklace that has been in our family for generations and I want you to have it. Make sure that you keep this with you everywhere you go. Your father gave your mother a necklace like this except in black."-

"My necklace, does that mean that the sorceress is my mother. No, it can't be... can it?" I have no idea what to believe anymore. I heard the story of how the sorceress got here. I know that whatever powers I have I will use to get my friends out of here. We then need to find the other half of the map and we need to hold two obelisks that are in the room together. Joey holds them so we all are looking around for a light. We then notice that the table is lighting up. We then see the other half of the map.

Destorm had to take over holding the obelisks because they were getting to heavy for Joey. Joey then came over and used the pen and parchment paper to draw a copy of the map. When we got the map Tyler counted us all off. I was the odd one out and the map only needed ten people so I just went to the top of the stairs with Andrea. "There are lines across, so do we have to move. We stay where we are we have it right I think something is missing though. Is there an eleventh person who has to walk the paths?" Tyler told the whole group. Andrea and I started looking for some rope or something. Andrea opened up a box and I helped to take it down to Tyler and the group. Once everyone got some rope and were in their spots a box opened up near Alex. The sun stone was inside. We went back to the lounge and Allison said that someone would need to go to the ballroom and answer a riddle to get Dorian to come outside in a ring of salt.

"Why don't you go in Lauren or Karlea? I mean, you both have not really pulled much weight in helping the group and isn't it Karlea's fault that we are all stuck here? Why don't you go Karlea." I think it was Gabby who said that to me. Alex defended Lauren and I wanted to prove to my friends that I am sorry I got them into this mess. "I will go into the ballroom. Gabby is right it is my fault that you guys are stuck here and I want to prove that I am sorry. I also want to prove that I will do whatever I can to help get everyone out of here. Allison, what is the answer to the riddle?" I told everyone.

Lauren: "I knew that Karlea was brave, I just did not know that she was brave enough to volunteer to go into a room full of vampires when all these vampires are hungry for human blood. I think that I trust in Karlea more now than I did before."

Karlea: "So now that I know the answer to the riddle is history, Allison says that I need to drink blood from a vampire to get the human scent off of me. Wylo told us that for extra protection for me he was going to be in the background of the ball, but close so that if Dorian attacks me then he can help me. I am just not sure how I feel about drinking blood, but if this is the worst I have to do then I will do it."

"That is a big hickey that you are leaving on his neck girl." I heard Destorm or Jesse say to me. Allison came over and put a mask on me so the vampires would not recognize me. I walked into the ball and I was trying not to look behind me at the male and female vampire. Just then a vampire by the name Vera I think came up to me and asked me to dance. I danced with her and I glimpsed outside at Joey, Liza, Andrea, and Gabby. I think I might have made Joey a bit jealous.

"Even though our hearts are heavy with this evenings betrayal, it is still a full moon and one of you could have a chance to win the king's honor this evening. I can be created in the present. You may always find me in the past, but the future can never make me. What am I?" Dorian asked the vampires. I waited to see if anyone else would know, but then I raised my hand.

"Is it.... history?" I mumbled while looking down at the ground. Dorian comes over to me and he grabbed me by my neck. I place a hand on Dorian's and a hand on the other side of my neck so he did not bite it. Wylo came over and told Dorian that I needed air. I said the answer again and I got it right thankfully.

Dorian and I walk outside and I can see the circle of salt. I am praying that he does not see it. He is taking in the moon and I stepped back. As soon as he realizes the salt, I yelled to Alex and he shone the sun stone onto Dorian. Joey then came running in and stabbed Dorian with the stake.

I grabbed the gem and necklace off of Dorian and I ran with Joey.

To be continuided