Chapter 1

" I am a pawn" Gael repeated the words that were taught to him from the time he was young, his eyes looked with the lifeless black of their reflection as he stared at his mirrored self.

"A tool that will be used as my master, the king, sees fit. I am a prize, worth only what I am told I am, to be used and treated as the gifted sees fit." He recites. Fighting to keep his gaze from straying to the woman that raised and stood behind him, hands on each of his thin shoulders as she oversaw his morning ritual.

"I am an omega. I live to serve, please and obey. I will be what I'm told to be" He finished, keeping his gaze locked with his own until he was told to stand, then he did so, stepping away from the vanity and allowing the various chambermaids to strip him of his sleeping robe.

He stood naked before his teacher. Her eyes judging every inch of his body, circling him like a predator.

He shut his sight, and took a deep breath, willing his body to stay still as he felt her hands on his skin. They were cold, but he neither shivered or hiss as they ran over his form, poking and groping every inch.

"Have you been doing your exercises?" She questioned. He answered, short and precise as he was taught to.

"Yes my lady"

"Do more!" She ordered, her fingers pinching the flesh on his sides. He managed not to flinch. "Lower his portions from today forward. He shall have no bread or meat. For breakfast 3 pieces of fruits, for lunch, tea and for dinner you'll pick whatever's good in the garden and make a soup of that." She told the maids who nodded in obedience.

"You'll to be married in a few weeks" She spoke to him. "We can't have you getting fat!" She hissed. Taking a step away and giving the silent okay for him to be lead the five steps to the tub and eased into the bath. She overlooked his cleaning as well.

.....

"I despise her" Gael spoke as he chews the second of his three piecemeal. His best friend by his side, standing at his left with her head downcased as all maids are required too.

"She only does as is asked of her" Monica whispers under her breath.

"I despise myself for not rebelling against her" He voiced, his gaze overlooking the garden as he sat on the veranda. A few gardeners were tending to the roses and tulips while, in the distance, he could see the kitchen wenches picking from the greenhouse.

"You're only doing what is expected of you," She says as she took the chance to raise her head. "There are many of our kind that has it worse than you and I, my light" she stated, dropping her gaze once again. He didn't even bother looking at her.

Monica was also an omega, and as such, she knew how truly cruel his situation was. But she never let him dwell on it, she'd lived long enough to know cursing faith got one nowhere fast. Instead, she too groomed him for his married life. Where he'd be mated to a dominant and marked. And as he'd be claimed, he would have no choice but to follow the order of the one he'd call both mate and master.

She told him not that she felt that Adrea's, his teacher, lessons were a blessing in disguise as there is nothing she believed more painful than knowing freedom. What it was like to do as she felt, eat as she wanted and say what she truly meant. Make decisions as simple as how she fixed her hair. Only to have it all ripped from her. To one day her own woman, and that night forever at the beg and call of the man that forcefully marked her.

This way, Gael would not know the pain and regret she carried.

"I'm not your light" He voiced. "I am a pawn, nothing more," He says finishing up his breakfast as he discovered his supper, squash.