ch. 8

After searching the entire shopping center for the perfect thing to wear, I finally decide on a classic chambray dress. It’s simple and posh- plus, you could never go wrong with a denim dress. I pay $24.80, which is about £15. (pic on the side)

I’m not freaking out because I’m meeting the Beckhams, I’m freaking out because I’ve never been invited to meet a guy’s family before. Actually, I never get invited to anything, really.

By now, it’s about time to grab a taxi, because the Beckham’s house is way too far from here to just pennyboard. The drive takes around 20 minutes, and eventually, the driver pulls up in front of a large white house on the side of the road with other houses that look almost identical, surrounding it. (pic of their actual house in the external link)

Woah, I was expecting a full-out 10,000 sq. ft. mansion in the middle of no-where. While, this one is out in the open like any normal home. But, I like this house as it is, it seems… home-y.

I walk through the steel gate and go up the steps to the front door.

“Here goes nothing,” I mutter to myself as I ring the doorbell.

About 10 seconds has passed until someone finally opens the door. It’s Brooklyn.

“Hey Liv,” he casually says.

Being the awkward person I am, I just stand there. “Hi,”

“Aren’t you going to come in?” he chuckles at me.

“What? Oh yeah,” I also laugh at my stupidity.

Oh shit, this place is actually gigantic on the inside. I gawk at the detailed architecture and chandeliers in every room I pass by.

He leads me down a long hallway to the living room. I just realize that he was holding my hand, while doing so. Oh Lord.

Brooklyn let’s go of his grip. “Now, it’s time to meet my younger siblings.” he laughs.

Okay, now I’m kind of nervous.

“Uhh, I don’t really do good with kids.” I tell him.

It’s true, they all seem to hate me. I’ve never had younger siblings so I don’t really know how to deal with that kind of stuff.

“Shut up. You’ll be fine.” He attempts to reassure me. “Guys? This is Liv, the girl dad invited over for dinner.” Brooklyn says as we walk into the living room.

2 boys and a little girl come running up to me. I don’t know what to do, so I just smile at them.

Brooklyn points to each of them and tells me their names. “So this is Romeo, my younger brother; This one’s Cruz, my even younger brother; and this little princess is Harper, my little sister.”

Wow this is one attractive family.

Seriously, how could a family have such perfect genes, I don’t understand.

I sit down on the giant couch and Romeo sits next to me. “You’re hot, be my girlfriend.” he laughs, as Brooklyn almost spits out his drink.

“Of course, I will.” I laugh, obviously joking. “Cause you are soo much cuter than Brooklyn.” I pinch his cheeks.

Brooklyn rolls his eyes. “Oh please, I’m definitely the most attractive out of me and my brothers.”

“No I think it’s Romeo,” I laugh. “or Cruz. It’s a close tie. But seriously, if Romeo was a bit older, I would totally date him.”

Brooklyn flips me off for purposely trying to get on his nerves. The funny thing is, is that I’m actually being serious- Romeo is one attractive boy.