ch. 19

b r o o k l y n

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean-" I try to apologize to her, even though I don't regret what I said at all.

"FUCK. YOU." Cara grabs the last of her things, making her way to the door. Meanwhile, I'm just standing there, doing absolutely nothing to stop her from leaving.

I flinch at how hard she slams the front door. Okay, I admit what I did was a dick move, but I couldn't help it! It just means it wasn't meant to be.

Wow, I can't believe I wasted all this time fancying Cara, thinking she was "the one". When the one girl I needed was right beside me the entire time.

But Liv, though...

I swear she drives me crazy, but I love it. I love that she's not afraid to say what's on her mind, and doesn't care that I'm a Beckham. She's awkward, but the cute kind of awkward. Liv's also hilarious- and replies to my sarcasm with sarcasm, instead of getting offended like most girls. Plus, she's absolutely beautiful. And I don't think she realizes it, which makes her even better.

I face palm myself for being so blind this whole time. If only I had realized earlier. Summer's coming to a close, soon, so I need to let her know before it's too late.

Why didn't I listen to what she had to tell me earlier? Now she's run off to who knows where.

I run out the door, as fast as I can.

Okay, Brooklyn, think: Where would Liv most likely go after leaving my place?

Home? No, she lives about seven miles away.

Starbucks? She always goes at nine in the morning, so no.

The only other place I can think of is Hyde Park.

I mean where else would Liv go? She doesn't really know London that well, even after being here for almost the entire summer.

Running, as fast as I can, I make my way to the park in under 10 minutes. Damn, I think that's a record for me. All this training for Arsenal has payed off.

I suddenly feel anxious, as I start to look for Liv. I mean, I'm about to confess how I feel for her. Will she feel the same way? Or will she just laugh in my face?

After a minute of searching the park, I finally lay my eyes on the girl I've fallen hard for...

She's sitting on a bench...

and she's hugging my best mate.

{a/n: AW poor Brooklyn, he's getting the wrong idea :( }

l i v

I reach my Grandparents home at about eight, after a nice dinner with Seb. He's such a gentleman, and really made sure I got my mind off of things. Seb is definitely boyfriend material.

But I can't even think about getting a boyfriend, right now, because my heart was shattered into a million pieces just hours ago.

Seb is so sweet, though. I hope I get to spend more time with him, before I leave for the States, in a few weeks.

After searching my purse for my key, I open the door to see the last person I expected to be sitting in my living room.

Brooklyn.