ch. 17

"Do you like me, too?" Brooklyn looks at me with those gorgeous brown eyes. I can basically feel my heart shatter right then and there.

A minute has passed.

It feels wrong of me to not give him an answer, after he's basically poured his feelings out towards me.

"Yes," I let out a breath, finally admitting it to him. "I've had feelings for you this whole time, but it just took me a while to realize it."

He's silent, his expression hard to read.

Why isn't he saying anything?

"Say something," I softly urge him.

Brooklyn still doesn't say anything, just staring intently at me. He reaches towards me and pulls a strand of stray hair out of my face.

The next thing he does, is something I wasn't expecting-

He kisses me.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

My eyes shoot open in the middle of the kiss.

What the hell did I just dream about?

(a/n: YES I JUST DID WHAT YOU THINK I DID PLEASE DON'T KILL ME LOL)

And is it bad that I might've actually enjoyed it?

The biggest question of all, is why did I tell Brooklyn that I've liked him this entire summer?

Oh, right.

Brooklyn.

The kiss wasn't real, but Brooklyn coming over in the middle of the night was definitely real. I turn my body, so I'm facing towards his side of the bed- to find the spot he was sleeping in, to be empty.

I glance over at the alarm clock on my phone. What could that boy be possibly be doing at 8 o'clock on a Sunday morning? Next thing I know, I see Brooklyn come out of my bathroom, dressed.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

He scrambles to collect all of his stuff. "I have morning practice for Arsenal in 30 minutes."

"Oh, okay then."

Why do feel slightly disappointed, that he can't stay a little longer?

I walk him to my front door. "Thanks for letting me stay the night, Liv. It really means alot." Brooklyn smiles, taking my breath away with his perfect teeth.

"Yeah, of course. That's what friends are for."

His facial expression suddenly changes. "Oh," he looks down at his feet. "yeah."

Brooklyn begins to walk out the door, but stops in his tracks.

"Liv?"

"Yeah, Brook?"

He scratches the back of his neck. He always does that when he's nervous. "Did I say anything weird, last night?"

(ooooooh shit !! so the kiss may or may not have been real, but brooklyn's words were still real !!)

I freeze, as my my heart beat comes to a complete stop.

"What? Weird? I have no idea what you're talking about." I lie, straight to his face.