Chapter 7: War

I walked up to him and he asked,"Are you alone?". I nodded. "Now, give me Emily." I said firmly. He smirked and tossed her to the ground. I went to her and hugged her, "Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" She shook her head. "Now, I want you to stay safe alright? You take good care of yourself." I said with tears forming. I knew what was coming and I was afraid. "Ugh, I hate family." He said while grabbing me. I tried hesitating but he was strong. I looked around for the team and I could see them hiding.

In my earpiece, that was hidden by my hair, Weller told me that he has a shot but he told me that I would get hit too. I nodded at that order and then suddenly another agent ran in and starting shooting at the guy. He used me as protection and good thing that the agent had a bad aim. He killed the agent and then, I fought him which was a surprise to him. The rest of the team couldn't get a shot so I had to do it myself.

I told Emily to give me the agent's gun. She nodded and grabbed the gun. She tossed it to me and I knocked him out. He laid on the ground and I wiped off the blood that was dripping down my chin. I went to Emily and hugged her. The guy woke up and aimed the gun to Emily. Weller shouted at us, and I just switched places with Emily. A gunshot ringed out and everything was silent.

I could feel the bullet piercing through my skin and it was cold. Blackness filled my vision and I didn't know what had happened. Life was flashing through my eyes. Emily, shocked, held me in her arms and applied pressure onto my bullet wound. The guy had an evil smile but was cut short when Weller shot him dead. Weller and Jane went up to us where as the rest of the team called an ambulance and the police. I slowly opened my eyes and I could see the worry on their faces.

"Emily.. I'm scared.." I said. She hugged me and tears were forming. "It's okay Hope. You'll be fine and nothing will happen to you. The medic is coming alright? So please stay with me." Emily said. I nodded and grunted in pain. I tried to stay up but I just couldn't. "Emily.. I love you. You're my sister. And I know sometimes I'm hard but I do care about.. you... so.. please, whatever I have done.. I had nothing to do about it.." I said while closing my eyes. I fell limp and Emily was getting panicky.

Jane said,"She doesn't have a pulse." Emily starting doing CPR while asking Weller to continue applying pressure onto the wound. After a few minutes, Weller asked her to stop. "Why?! I have to try and bring her back. She is my life, I almost lost her once and I will not lose her ever again." Emily said while continuing to do CPR. Jane tried comforting her but she just pushed her away.

After a few minutes, they finally got a pulse. Jane sighed and hugged Emily while Weller smiled. "We've got her back." Emily said. The medic arrived and told Emily that I had to be taken to the hospital immediately for surgery. She nodded and they left with me.