chapter twenty five

Start from the beginning

"They did that to you?!" He screamed.

Johnny and Pony just stared.

"Yeah. Hurts like a bitch too. All I wanted was some iced coffee. I mean, I guess I didn't have to throw it at them, but I felt the need..." I trailed.

"You threw it back at them?" Johnny said, laughing.

"Yeah. Messed up Bob's sweater." I said sarcastically.

The bell rang and we all went to our classes.

Lunchtime rolled around and I made my way down the hall to where the guys and I eat lunch. I turned the corner and ran right into someone.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry. I am so stupid. I'm really sorry." I said, frantically picking up the things I had dropped.

"It's fine." They said chuckling.

I looked up and our eyes met.

"Soda!" I squealed.

"Hey babe." He said, pulling me into a hug.

"What are you doing here?"

"Ponyboy forgot his lunch." He said, lifting up the paper bag.

"What a great brother you are." I said, pretending to be a proud mom.

We walked outside and sat down with the guys.

"Hey Soda! What're you doing here?" Two-bit asked.

"Forgot his lunch." Soda said, motioning towards Pony, but Johnny had already given Pony half his sandwich.

"Are you staying?" I asked Soda.

"No, I can't. I have to be at work in ten minutes."

"Fine." I pouted.

After lunch ended, I finished up with all my classes and made my way to my locker. I was putting some books and taking some out when someone came up and slapped my butt.

I turned around and it was a greaser. I slapped him right in the face. He had a couple of friends behind him laughing, but he got angry.

He tried to punch me in my ribs but he missed because I moved at the last second. I kicked him in the crotch and he fell down in pain.

"You have no idea what you just did." He said.

His friends started running towards me but I ran to the end of the hallway and out the door. They chased after me but eventually stopped after a half a mile. I kept running anyways. I ran all the way to the DX.

I walked inside and Steve was working the register.

"Where's Soda?" I asked.

He pointed and I went outside.

"Soda?" I yelled.

"Yeah? Is something wrong?" He called.

"It's Izzy." I said. I could barely get the words out because I was so out of breath.

Soda quickly jumped out from under the car and ran towards me.

"What's wrong?" Soda asked.

"Some greaser, I don't know his name, he slapped my ass. So I turned around and just slapped him in the face, not really thinking. Well he didn't like that too much so he tried to punch me, but I moved just in time so that he missed. But, then I kicked him in his dick and he didn't really appreciate that either. His friends starting chasing after me but I outran them all the way here."

I started to cry. I didn't really know why. I hated crying in front of people, it made me feel weak.

Soda wrapped his arm around me and said, "It's okay. You're going to be okay. I won't let them hurt you. I know you probably don't wanna tell Two-bit, but I want you to stay safe. He will protect you, okay?" I nodded.

"I love you." Soda said.

"I love you."

I stayed and hung out at the DX for a little bit before heading home. I walked in and Two-bit looked relieved.

"Where have you been?" He said nervously.

"I'm real sorry Two-bit." I said, before telling him the story.

"I bet it was Curly." He said angrily.

"Who is that?"

"Curly Sheppard. Tim's younger brother. He's tuff, but not a real bright guy."

"Oh."

"You'd better watch out for him, alright? Always keep a switch on you. Greasers don't hurt other greasers, but they also know not treat each other like that." Two-bit said, getting frustrated.

I nodded and prepared dinner. I tried to make a pizza from scratch. Steve ended up coming over for dinner, and he walked in right after I finished the dough.

"Whatcha making, Pizza?" He asked.

"Pizza." I said, laughing.

"Seriously?!" He screamed.

"Yep!" I said and we both started crying from laughing.

I finished making it and put it into the oven. I didn't have instructions on how long it was supposed to be in the oven, so I just checked it every five minutes or so. After about twenty minutes, it was done.

It actually wasn't half bad. I was pretty impressed with myself.

"This is good!" Steve yelled.

"Surprisingly good!" Two-bit shouted while laughing.

"Don't doubt me." I said, chuckling.

We finished the pizza and laughed a lot. Steve was a really funny guy when you got to know him.

We watched Mickey and made a chocolate cake, which was gone by the end of the night. It was probably 12:00 A.M. when Steve left, and I was almost immediately fell asleep.

;;;;;

are ppl gonna get mad if like all the guys start dating each other or