chapter twenty three

Izzy's POV

I woke up and all the guys were already up.

"Morning!" They yelled.

"Morning." I grunted. They all laughed at me.

"Why are y'all laughing?" I said.

"YEE-" Johnny started, but I cut him off.

"Try me Johnnycakes." I said, making Pony laugh and punch him in the arm. They were cute together.

I honestly wouldn't mind if Johnny just ended up dating Pony.

I got up and went to the bedroom to change into some different clothes. In the middle of me taking off my shirt, Soda opened the door. The gang got a full view of my boobs. At least I had a bra on, I guess.

All the guys started hollering and I just shook my head.

Soda started getting all flustered. "My girlfriend!" He yelled.

"You did that to yourself." I said, chuckling at him.

"No I didn't." He whined.

I kissed him and went to the kitchen.

Steve was screeching at the top of his lungs.

"Steve! Chill out." Darry said.

"Almost as if he's never seen a girl almost naked before..." I said sarcastically. All the guys started laughing their asses off.

"You're gonna pay for that, Pizza!" Steve yelled. He came running towards me and shoved my head under his arm and ruffled my hair.

"Stevie didn't get his beauty sleep did he?" I said in a baby voice. He playfully punched me in the arm but I pretended like it really hurt to get back at him.

"Ow!" I yelped and grabbed my arm.

"You okay Izzy?" Darry said.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said, still holding my arm.

"Randle, what the hell did you do?" Soda came storming in.

"I'm sorry Izzy. I didn't mean to hurt you, I really didn't." Steve said.

I let go of my arm and smiled. "Just kidding."

"That's my girl!" Dallas said and we high-fived.

The phone rang and Darry went and picked it up.

"Two-bit, this is for you."

Two-bit walked over and took the phone from Darry. His eyes opened wide.

"Iz, this is for you." He said.

I stood up and took the phone from him.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Iz?" I heard.

"Who is this?"

"It's me, Dad."

I sat there in silence not knowing whether to be angry, sad, frustrated, or confused.

"Why are you calling?" I asked.

"I want to meet with you."

"No." I said. I didn't want to meet with him. Ever.

"Please, Iz."

"Don't call me that."

"Isabelle, I would do anything just to see you again."

"You could have seen me the past sixteen years." I sneered.

"Please."

"You left mom. You left her all by herself. And then just when she thinks you would come back into the family, you get her pregnant and leave again? Our family drama, the reason my brother and your son is dead, is you. If you just stayed with us, and if you supported mom, this never would have happened." I said, tearing up. The whole gang was staring at me.

"I never meant for any of that to happen."

"You never meant to get her pregnant again? Poor Ian was an accident, and he knew it. You know how he knew it? Because you left. And you never spoke to him."

"Please, just think about it. I live a half hour out from Tulsa. I'll be at the Dingo tomorrow at 6. If you aren't there, I won't be surprised, but I will be sad." He said.

"I thought about it. Screw you." I said and hung up the phone. I had tears rolling down my face at this point. I turned around towards everyone, and they all just stared.

"Sorry, I have to go." I said, and quickly walked out.

"Give her space." I heard Two-bit say.

I walked out the door and went straight to the park. I headed for this specific tree Dallas and I found. It was really tall, but at the top of it there were places you could sit. I climbed up into it and just cried.

I loved my dad, I guess. I felt forced to love him.

Why does he want to meet now? After all this time?

Maybe I should give him a chance.

I sat in the tree for another hour and eventually went back to the house. I walked in and the guys were all watching Mickey. They all turned around to face me.

"You don't have to tell us if you don't want to." Johnny said.

"It was my dad calling." I said. None of them really knew what I meant by that, so I had to explain.

"My dad left my mom after I was born. Gave her a couple of things to give to me as I grew up, but other than that, he left. Then, he came back. My mom and I both thought that he was back for good. Well, my mom got pregnant. And as soon as he found out, he left again. It really took a toll on my mom. It's part of the reason she's a psycho." I explained.

"I'm so sorry, Izzy." Soda said, pulling me into a hug.

The rest of the guys told me they were sorry for me, which was nice, I guess, but it didn't solve any of my problems.

"He wants to meet with me." I said.

"What?" Two-bit quickly turned around.

"Said he lives a half hour out and that he's gonna be at the Dingo tomorrow at 6."

"Are you going to?" Ponyboy asked.

"I don't know. At first, I was thinking 'hell no', but maybe I could show up and just scream at him for an hour, you know? Just get out some anger." I said, trying to laugh.

"We could go with you." Dallas said. "You know, walk in after you and sit at a booth nearby."

"Yeah, that's a good idea." Darry said.

"Okay. I guess I'm going." I sighed.

For the rest of the day we made four chocolate cakes and watched fifteen episodes of Mickey.

;;;;;

i ship pony and johnny