chapter twenty five

Izzy's POV

I was dressed up a bit more for school. I don't know why, I just felt like it. I put on a little black top with a pink corduroy skirt and (obviously) my pink Adidas, because when am I not wearing them?

I hopped in the car and Two-bit and I drove over to pick up Pony and Johnny. They got in the car and we made our way to school.

We got there a little early, so I decided to grab a coffee from the lunchroom and do some homework in the library.

I walked into the cafeteria and over to the little place where they give out coffee. There was a line of about 3-4 Socs, but I tried not to make eye contact. If they only were to look at my outfit, they would think I was one of them.

Eventually, it was my turn in line and I grabbed a cup of iced coffee. By accident I looked up and made eye contact with one of them.

"Well, look what we have here. Morning, greaser!" He said. I didn't know who he was.

I tried to walk away but he grabbed my shoulder. "Where do you think you're going?"

I jerked my body so he would get his hand off me and quickly walked to the library.

I sat down and thought I was safe, but he came in with Bob and Randy.

Shit.

"Thought you could escape?" Bob asked.

"Leave me alone." I sneered.

"No can do, greaser." Randy said.

They walked over, each with a cup of hot coffee in their hands, and dumped it right on top of me. And it burned. My immediate instinct was to scream and curse, but I ended up taking the lid of my coffee off and throwing it at all of them.

"Fuck you." I said, walking out.

"Fuck you too, greaser! You ruined my new Ralph Lauren sweater!" Bob screamed.

"Go get mommy to buy you a new one." I said.

I walked into the girl's restroom and thought about what I was going to do. I had burn marks on my arms from where the coffee had hit them. Thankfully, I always packed a sweater in my bookbag in case I got cold in class. I took off my black shirt, which was covered in coffee, and put on the white sweater.

My skirt was a different issue. The skirt was soaked. One of them dumped the entire cup on my skirt alone. But, I didn't walk around with an extra pair of shorts.

I went to the nurse's office and asked if she had any shorts. She said she did. She went into the back room and came back out with a pair of plain black gym shorts.

"Those might be a little small." She said after I changed into them. They were short. It wasn't her fault though, I was just tall and skinny, so nothing fit right.

"It's okay. Thank you so much." I said, and walked out.

I walked out of her office and a different group of Socs were staring at my butt and legs and whistling.

Gross.

Two-bit was standing nearby with Pony and Johnny at his locker. He looked at me with his eyes wide. I walked over to him.

"What are you wearing?" He said.

"Socs poured coffee onto me. I had to change. The nurse only had these." I explained.

"God damn."

I lifted up my sleeve to show Two-bit where the burn marks were and his eyes went huge.