chapter seventeen

Izzy's POV

It was the next day, and Soda and I were getting ready to leave. It was 6:45, and he was picking me up at 7. And I had to admit, I looked pretty good.

I put on more makeup than usual. I was wearing concealer, powder, bronzer, highlight, mascara, eyeshadow, and lip gloss. I have to say, I didn't look half bad. It took me forever to decide on what I was going to wear. I wanted to look nice, but not too fancy. But then again, Soda told me to look nice, so at this point I was overthinking it.

I ended up wearing a pink colored lace dress with some new sandals. After I was finished getting ready, I came out into the living room to show Two-bit.

"Aw, look at you all prettied up!" He said.

"Thanks Two-bit." I said, blushing.

Soda pulled up into the driveway and knocked on the door. I opened it and he stood there with his mouth wide open.

"You look stunning." Soda said.

"Thank you, Soda. You look very handsome." I said. And I was not lying to him in the slightest. He had a very nice pair of pants on with a white button-up shirt and a blazer over top of it. He looked amazing.

We stood there for awhile, admiring each other's outfits when Two-bit broke the silence.

"Are you two leavin' anytime soon?" He asked, making us laugh.

I grabbed my purse and we went to Soda's car, where he held the door open for me. I hopped into the car and we drove off to dinner.

Once we arrived, I was in awe. You could tell this place was fancy. Soda must've worked his butt off to be able to afford this.

We walked in, ordered our food and drinks, and talked for hours. Seriously. The waiters and waitresses probably wanted us to leave so badly. We got there around 7:30 and left at 11. We both just lost track of time.

After we left, Soda and I went to our secret place. The lake. Even after the Sandy episode, I love it. I can't let one crazy bitch get in the way of me and my Pepsi-cola.

Soda and I sat on the grass and watched the stars. We ended up laying down after a few minutes and Soda fell asleep. I was still awake, but I just rested my head on his chest and kept watching the stars.

"Hey, Izzy?" He said.

"Shit!" I said, jumping up.

"Oops! My bad." Soda said, laughing at me.

"Reminds me of our first date at the music store." I said, giggling.

"You considered that a date?"

"Somewhat."

"Well, anyways. I was wondering something." Soda said.

"And what was that?" I asked him.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Of course I will." I said, cupping my hands around his face and kissing him.

"I love you, ultimately." Soda said.

"I love you." I said, and we both ended up falling asleep.

🌻🌻🌻

I woke up and realized I wasn't in a bed. I was lying on the ground.

"Morning, sunshine." I heard. I looked behind me and Soda was sitting there, smiling.

"Morning."

"What do you wanna do today?" He asked me.

"I don't know. Dallas never got me that necklace though. And I want it." I said.