Chapter 16

I was pissed.

Absolutely livid for the last three school days as I stewed over what happened in the dungeons.

I couldn't even look at a roast chicken the same anymore after being pecked in...unnecessary places.

But the new jittery attitude Cesari had on display was well worth everything for the time being.

 I would watch as one of her followers would try to get her attention an she would nearly hop right out of her skin, or as she would pack up early in class just to trip out the door way and lose her belongings once more.

Her nervous eyes always flickered my way, and I always glared back- for my own amusement that is.

I was a bit civil, I think. Every time her nerves would get too bad, I would chuck a crumpled piece of parchment her way.

To sike her out, I scribbled the same thing on every note- 8:00 and personally enjoyed her reactions as she would be no where to be seen at either morning nor evening.

I think this is the best revenge so far.

I knew I had her right where I wanted her this afternoon when Professor Burbage made us pair up in class to finish our work sheets on married life.

Her horrified expression made me smirk.

She pulled the lone stool to the side of the table, keeping the farthest possible distance from me.

I quietly chuckled to myself and kicked her foot under the table.

Her body jumped as she frowned at me, kicking me back.

I smirked. "Well, hello babe."

Her face scrunched and my smirk widened.  

"Be ready by half nine tomorrow. I'm meeting you in the great hall." I said, answering the basic questions on the sheet labeled 'Husband'

I was finishing up scribbling down my favorite color when she finally grumbled, "No, you won't."

My eyes snapped to her, "I didn't ask. If you aren't in the great hall by time I get there, I will find you and I will drag you out kicking and screaming."

I watched those beautiful mahogany eyes roll in frustration, "You're mental."

"Be compliant and we won't have an issue, love." I smirked back. 

A pain shot up my leg and I cursed when I realized she kicked me again, muttering under her breath. "Prick."

The bell sounded and I watch her shove her things into her bag.

"Cesari?" Professor Burbage called, "Can I speak with you for a moment?"

She nodded for her snakes to head out as she stepped over to the professors desk, nodding every so often at whatever she was saying.

Slinging my sack of books over my shoulder, I gave her some privacy as I leaned against the wall outside of the classroom.

I huffed in frustration after what felt like ten minutes.

Burbage quietly exited the room and gave me a small smile, I smirked back.

Cesari all alone?

This could be good.

I quickly shot into the room and saw Cesari shoving a stack of parchment into her bag.

"Well, well," I said, crossing my arms over my chest, leaning against the door frame. "Little Mrs.Wood."