Chapter 7

Cedric Diggory was leaning against the wall across from the Slytherin dormitories when I exited Monday morning.

"Good morning, gorgeous. Would you mind sitting with me at breakfast?" He pushed himself off of the wall and strolled over to me.

I smiled and agreed, snaking my arm through his. "Brilliant what you did to Wood and his mates, by the way. We all had a good laugh this morning,"

I was certainly pleased with myself for that one. "Did Wood have his robes on?" 

Along with Oliver's pink uniforms, my brother and I managed to glue rhinestones on the back to form 'President of the Jessica Cesari Fan Club' with a broom in the shape of a heart.

It was sloppy, but we deserve points for creativity! Art really isn't my forte..

Cedric laughed out loud so I assumed Oliver did. "We just about died when we saw that! I think he still has them on, it's far less embarrassing than looking like a walking pansy."

I grinned. This was going to be a good morning. Cedric spoke again, "I've also heard you cleared out the Weasley twins?"

I nodded, my grin widening, "I figure I could use it against them. I found their name on the back of the box of sweets that were supposedly from Oliver, so I think they needed a little pay back."

Cedric and I walked arm in arm into the great hall and I doubled over in laughter when I caught sight of my prank-ee's.

Stumbling down to my friends, I informed them I'd sit with Cedric. Miles scoffed and announced he wasn't speaking to me for the remainder of the day and Cassius stormed out. 

All in all, it was more successful than I thought it would be. I began to pull Cedric down to the Hufflepuff table and just took a seat in the first place I could spot.

He introduced me to his quidditch team. I must have an eye for them or something. How I always end up picking where they're seated is beyond me. I already knew of the Hufflepuff's  because I had Marcus give me their stats, pictures and names. But nobody needed to know that bit.

One of the Hufflepuff chasers, Heidi Macavoy-- whose stats were terrible, mind you -- didn't take a liking to me and it was obvious she didn't like me near Cedric.

She was a bit chubby, but it suited her. Had shoulder length red curly hair and bright blue eyes. She was physically pretty.

Cedric had introduced her last and I held my hand out for her to shake, but she just ignored it. Most people would die for this opportunity and she just blew me off..

I rolled my eyes and told her, "I guess your personality matches your chasing abilities. 79 out of 236 attempted goals? Pshewww"

She scoffed and stormed out after all that. Cedric just smiled like a buffoon. "What are you smiling about?" I asked.

"Ced's in love!" One of the beater's teased, clapping his back and making kissy faces.

"Shove off.." Cedric's face was very close to a tomato soo, naturally I made matters worse by kissing his cheek and attempting to feed him a piece of my pineapple.

He allowed it, of coarse. I mean, what man doesn't want to be fed? Merlin, even I like to be fed. Keeps me from spilling it down my front, you know?

"You should feel special, Diggory. She usually doesn't share." And here's my party pooper brother.

Cedric tensed a little when Stevie placed a hand on his shoulder and only got worse when I placed my hand on his knee.

I gave him a reassuring smile then glared at the oaf behind me. "Can I help you, Steven?"