First Partner

I have a partner? That's great. Feeling excited and at the same time, feeling nervous. I wonder who could my partner be. I hope is Tadashi since we both are in the same class. But let's don't hope too much, I mean luck not always on my side after all. However, I really with Tadashi will be my lab partner.

"Partner, as in like a lab partner?" I asked.

"Yes, each people will have a group of two. You can even request to do individual but we recommend to group in pairs. You'll do the same project but individual ideas. You can even help each other on your partner's project too. Then with your own results, you will combine with your partner's results to get a better result." Professor Callaghan explained and then handed me a card and a sheet of papers. "You'll be sharing a lab with your partner and this is your assignment project. You can start today or tomorrow and there's no due date for you to finish it."

No due date? Weird. I mean, there should be, right? Like a week or month. He then explained to me that once my project had handed out, I can proceed to the next assignment. This is great, I can take my time on my assignment. "So, may I know who is my partner?"

Professor Callaghan was about to say out the name, Tadashi then suddenly interrupted. "I'll take you there, I know the place." He said with a huge grin on his face.

What is he up to?

Just as my professor was about to say the partner name, I quickly interrupted and gave him the signal. Good thing, he got it and just let me be and asked her to follow me. Boy, this gonna be fun to see her reaction.

As we were on our way to our destination, Jessi suddenly asked. "May I know about this partner of mine that we are going to meet?"

"Sure, what would you like to know about?" I questioned back.

"Well, since is a partner, must be in the same class right? Is it a he or a she?"

"Well, not quite, there some partner is from a different class, as long is the same batch. And it's a 'he' by the way and also your classmates."

"Oh, ok. So... What does 'he' look like?"

"Well, he's tall, like me. Slim, like me. Smart, like me. Caring, like me. Good looking, like me." I joked at the end which made her a light chuckled.

"Haha, good one. As long he's a good person, everything is fine."

Oh, he sure is, I thought. I already give her so many hints, and she still didn't realise it. "OK, here is the lab." I  pointed at the lab label and she looked at the label and then at me in surprise. "Let us get along well, partner."