Chapter SEVENTEEN

JAIDA

It felt nice to stay up and have someone to talk to. Olivia openly told me about her peaking interest in Stone. She thought he was handsome and funny. With that I decided that I'd hook them up. Today they intended to go to lunch together, and I planned on going to pick up my baby.  

It was an exciting day for the both of us. I sat in the passenger side while Kelson drove to the hospital. 

"I'm so excited I can barely contain myself." I told him as I basically bounced in my seat. 

He laughed, "Me too, baby." 

We pulled into the parking lot and I basically flew out of the car. Kelson parked close to the door so we wouldn't have to carry her too far as I dragged him in. He laughed at my excitement but I didn't care. Finally, my babygirl was coming home. 

We went into the infant wing and Kelson signed some papers while I got her settled into her car seat.

"Hi baby..mommy loves you so soo much." I gushed as I kissed her cheeks.

She smiled with her chubby cheeks, as she drifted asleep.

"All set?" Kelson asked me.

I nodded and he picked up her car seat and we left together.

"She's gorgeous." He smiled down at her.

"Cause you so pretty." I teased him and pinch his cheek.

He chuckled and shook his head. He buckled her securely in the backseat and we took off home.

"Who's car is that, babe?" I asked as we pulled up.

"I have no idea. Stay in the car." He demanded

I nodded and watched him exit the car and approach the dark tinted Honda accord that sat in front of our house. He went and knocked on the window and began conversing with whomever was inside. I looked intently, not understanding what exactly he was saying.  He stood upright and hit the top of the car as it pulled off, he signaled for me to come out. I hopped out, unbuckling the baby and carrying the car seat to the door. 

"Who was that, babe?" I asked as he took the car seat from me and unlocked the door. 

"Ah, just some Jehovah's Witnesses." He shrugged and continued into the house.

I raised my eyebrows because I didn't understand why he was being secretive, but blatantly dismissed it because he didn't have a reason to lie to me. 

"I'm gonna feed her and put her to bed." I said picking up my little bundle of joy. 

I was too happy to focus on Kelson's mysterious ways. I carried her up to the nursery we had set up and took a seat in the rocking chair. Her dimpled cheeks puffed up as she giggled looking up at me. I had never been so in love in my life. 

KELSON

The doorbell rang and I went to answer it to see Jaida's from Olivia. 

"Hi, nice to see you again." I smiled as I stepped aside and let her in. 

"Hey, nice to see you too. Jaida just told me the baby was coming home today so I figured I'd stop by and see the little angel." She smiled back and gave me a hug.

"Jaida actually just put her to bed, but she'll be up in a couple hours." I explained as we went into the kitchen, "would you like a drink?" I asked her. 

"Yes please. I'll take whiskey if you have any." She replied as she took off her coat, and sat at the island in the kitchen.

"I have my favourite bourbon here." I replied, grabbing the bottle and some ice.

"Ou, cant wait to try it, so how does it feel to be a new daddy?" She asked.

"Amazing, she's gorgeous. Everything I could have ever wanted." I felt an internal burst of energy at the thought of my beautiful daughter. 

"It only get tougher from here." She smirked as I passed her a glass. 

"What do you mean?" I asked as I swirled my drink and top a sip, leaning against the kitchen counter. 

"I mean, the baby.. the girlfriend..it interupts things. I know you're still trying to develop your business, how's that going?" She asked .

"Well.. Its a little on hold, but I'm going to get back to it." I said, she pointed out a good factor. I hadn't been focused on my business like I should, and I really need the money now that I have a daughter to take care of.

"I can help you, if you'd like." She offered.

"No, I don't want to disrupt what you have going on, you've got a perfectly good career and.."

"No, honestly, it wouldn't bother me at all," She interupted, "As a teacher i'm usually free after about 4:30. So I can help with anything you'd like. We can do this real professional, if you want. I'll do an interview and all so it doesn't seem like you're doing a friend a favour." She joked.

I smiled, "I'd like that actually," I challenged, "Tomorrow morning, 8:30am, bring in your resume." I really wanted to see if she was even qualified because I dont want to hand over something so important to someone affiliated with anyone who may have ill intent for me. 

"Not a problem, boss." She smiled.

"Confident, you don't get to call me boss just yet." I laughed, as I shook her hand. 

"Hey Liv, " Jaida came bouncing into the kitchen out of breath.

"No running, girl." She smiled at her and gave her a hug. 

"What brings you around these parts?" Jaida asked as she came and stood in front of me, I wrapped an arm around her shoulders and kissed her soft, warm cheeks. 

"I just wanted to stop by and say hey, that's all, I was hoping to see the cutie pie but I know you just put her down." She replied.

"How was the date with Stone?"  Jaida asked with excitement, "tell me everything!" 

"Uhm, it didn't go that great.. we're just too different you know, we dont mesh that well. I think it was all physical attraction." She shrugged and drank her whiskey while eyeing me. 

"Well, i'm sorry to hear that we can find someone else for ya." Jaida replied.

"I already have my eye on someone don't worry about it, girl." Olivia concurred.

"Well, tell me how it works out, I'm gonna go to sleep while Jania is asleep cause I am about to pass out." Jaida yawned, and kissed my cheek, "Come to bed soon, baby. Later Liv." She waved before leaving.

"I'm gonna go now." Olivia said, standing up. 

"I'll walk you out."  I offered. 

"I'll see you tomorrow,  Kelson." She said  before getting into her car, she winked at me before sliding on her shades.

I could be hallucinating from being exhausted so I just waved and closed the door. 

Message from TEE: 

Hey loves, I know you all probably hate me right now, but this Christmas I'm trying to do something special for you guys. I'm updating this today and posting another one tomorrow. Also I have another surprising coming later this week, if you read my other books so stay tuned.

I love you guys so much! Thank you for your endless support <3