Chapter Eight: Life Stresses

JAIDA

"So, what our deal?" He asked as I shoved a fork full of spagehtti in my mouth. 

"I don't know," I shrugged, "I just honestly need to know that you're done with Bella for good." 

"I am, honestly. Our relationship has manifested into something dark and unpleasant. You really opened my eyes, Jaida. When I wasn't with you, I missed you. Countless amount of times, I'd be with her, holding her, and just imagining in my mind it was you. I know you're probably debating how serious you should take me and this, but I am very serious. I'll prove it to you." He said. 

I nodded, and smiled. "I really hope so, for you and me." 

                                                      **

Kelson and I continued to go on dates after that, just becoming reaquainted in a sense. We didn't do anything more than share light kisses because both of us knew that once we got into the heat of the moment, it would be difficult for either of us to stop. He sent flowers to my office with cute little notes on it, sometimes chocolates, even a diamond necklace. Although I enjoyed all of those things, I made it clear that I didn't want his gifts, money or anything else materialistic. I liked his time, effort, and love. 

It was lunch and Jack had already stepped out to have his lunch. He had been bragging for the last 2 weeks about having sex with Bella. He would say things like,

"No wonder Kelson was so happy, that girl loves to get low, if you know what I mean." He'd say nudging me, in the side. 

He didn't know that they were getting a divorce, I didn't even know if Kelson was aware that Jack was having sex with his soon-to-be ex-wife. But, I didn't want to be the barrer of bad news, and I figured he wouldn't care anyways. 

"Ready to go?" Ayden said, causing me to look up. 

"Yeah." I smiled, grabbing my coat and purse. 

We took the elevator down before getting into his car. 

"Where to, today? I'm really craving some red lobster." I told him. 

"I like whatever you like." He grinned. 

"Right." I said, he agreed with everything that I wanted, and everything that I said. He never argued, or put up much of a fight, if he didn't want to do something, but I did, he'd submit in a second. 

"So, how's Jack and Bella?" He asked.

He knew about the whole entire drama, between Kelson, Bella, Jack and myself. He was comfortable with being my friend, like I said, he never put up much of a fight. I took that as him not being interested, or just his submissive personality. I liked that he wanted me to be happy, but I never liked a guy who just laid down to my every wim.

"I don't know. They deserve each other, Bella is selfish, and she seems to think Jack is going to give her money or something but Jack is pretty cheap when it comes to the women he's involved with."  I explained.

"I know those kind, I'm not like that...not like that at all." He said softly.

"I know you're not." I smiled and touched his hand lightly. 

He started smiling again. We pulled up to Red Lobster and I was too excited, like a kid in a candy store. I ordered popcorn shrimp, fries, and lobster. Ayden just got the same thing as me, down to my pink lemonade. 

"So, how did the date with that girl go?" I asked him.

"It was okay. It wasn't as good as my first date with you." He said.