Chapter Four: Souled

KELSON

*Picture of Bella to the right*

The only time I saw Jaida was in my dreams, I felt bad for what I said to her and even after all of that she didn't bother to retaliate or make any low blows at me. I know for sure Bella would have. Speaking of her, we argued constantly, I tried to keep it to the minimum with my daughter around, but it seemed like no matter what I did Bella wanted to argue about it. The bills began to accumulate and all the money I made went towards taking care of whatever I had left of the business.

"It's about time you sell that crap bucket of a company, just make sure you get your cut when it becomes successful with Jack handling it. See Jack Hemspworth is a real business man, he knows what he doing, unlike you, just a privellaged little boy who got lucky enough to take over daddy's company." Bella taunted. 

She did this almost every night leading up to the meeting I had in a month with Jack. She'd speak about how great Jack was and how Jack wouldn't have been so stupid then talk about all the hard work I never had to put in. Little did she know I worked my ass off for that company, just like everyone else. 

"I can't wait til I can get a divorce, we all know it's coming. I know it, you know it. I swear to God Kelson, I'm going to take you for every dime you're worth." She barked before going into our bedroom and slamming the door. 

I went into the basement, grabbed my comforter and curled up on the couch. I closed my eyes and attempted to sleep, but I had an uneasy feeling that things were only bound to get worse. Although, I still loved Bella, her actions had me feeling a little different towards her. I tried not to respond when she said things to get to me, but sometimes I would lash out. I never dared to put my hands on a woman, but so many times I had thought about it.  

                                                                             **

"Just leave! There is nothing stopping you anymore, she's so cruel to  you, sir. She's breaking you down." Andrea, my secretary said. 

She wasn't too good at her job, but she was always there to listen to me vent. I really had no one to talk to, unfortunately, my best friends couldn't quite fathom how soon I fell from grace. Stone seemed kind of amused to see my life falling apart, while George was always going with the conservative approach asking me to fix things with Bella. 

"I know. But, I'd like to hold on to my marriage. I love Bella." I sighed. 

"Sometimes, I think you're just trying to convince yourself. It's like you don't even know her. You said you rushed into marriage, now look where you are, miserable." She replied. 

"Finish packing up the rest of my things, please." I said, before getting up and going for a walk. I didn't want to talk about it anymore, I would handle things my way, the way I always did. 

I walked down the road to the Starbucks.

"How would you like your coffee sir?" The young man asked. 

"Black and strong." I replied. 

"Ahh, just how I like my women." He joked. 

"Me too." I said and laughed with him. 

I never noticed the reference between the two, but it made sense. 

"Oh, there she is, can I get a double chocolate chip Ice Frappe for the sexy lady in the blue dress!" A girl playfully called out. 

I turned around and saw none other than Jaida.  She didn't seem to notice me as she walked over to the counter. 

"Hey Crystal." She laughed.