Chapter 14 - Rot In Hell

It was now the day after Melissa had died. Spencer couldn't sleep all night so when everyone else woke up, Spencer was already sat in the living room. All the girls sat next to Spencer and started talking to her.

"Spencer I--"

"She's gone. My sister, she's dead. I can't believe it."

Spencer started crying uncontrollably and everyone hugged her.

"It was all CeCe's fault."

"Spencer, I am so so so sorry. I did all of this to protect you, I never mean to hurt you or Melissa."

"Don't start saying that you did't mean to hurt me or Melissa because you did. You intentionally made up that plan and burn down that boat with my sister on it."

"She could've jumped off Spencer, like us but she didn't."

"Alison please, I'm trying to talk to CeCe here."

"All I wanted to do was to scare her and make sure that she wouldn't threaten or mess with your guys again. I swear I only started a little fire and it started gradually getting bigger and I left it because I thought that Melissa will jump off with you guys. I didn't know she was going to stay on there. I did it to make it seem like there was someone after her because she was messing with you guys and she wouldn't of suspected me because she thought I was working with her."

"CeCe's right Spencer, Melissa could've easily jumped off but she didn't."

"Look, I'm obviously upset that she's dead, she was my sister, my blood I...I always looked up to her. After it was her that was A.D. hatred didn't even come close to what I was feeling. At that point, I didn't care if she was dead or not because she was already dead to me after we found out that she was A.D."

"So what are you saying?"

"I'm trying to say that I have cried enough over her, what you guys are saying is true. She tortured us for years and she was A.D. so as far as I am concerned I don't care if she's dead or not. But she will always be my sister, no matter what, so there will always be a part in my heart that feels empty because of it."

All of the girls stand up once again and go to hug Spencer. They sit there are comfort her for about 10 minuets before she starts calming down and stops crying.

"I feel like we should go and see Wren and Nicole to tell them about Melissa."

"Sure, we'll go after you call your mom Spencer."

So Spencer grabs her phone from the table, dials her mom's phone number and she calls her to tell her about Melissa. Throughout the phone call, Spencer could hear her mom scream, cry and question things about why she was A.D. and who she was working with. After the 30 minute phone call, Spencer told her that she would text her when the funeral is and then she ended the call. She then went and got dressed to go and see Wren and Nicole with all the other girls. 

It was now 10am and all of the girls arrived at Melissa and Wren's apartment. Once they walked inside, Spencer, the girls and Wren started to catch up whilst Nicole was playing with her toys. Then Spencer told him about Melissa,

"Wren, I need to tell you something about Melissa."

"Why, what's happened? Is she okay?"

"Wren, she's dead."

"Wait what. No. Wait. No, what. Oh my god."

Wren thens started to cry and Spencer hugged him and told him everything that happened from  her being A.D. to being killed. It was now an hour later and Spencer got a phone call from the hospital.

Phone Call: Hospital - Spencer:

"Hello, is this Spencer Hastings, Melissa Hastings' sister?"

"Yes this is she."

"Yes, we would like to tell you that the hospital have picked a day for the funeral."

"Isn't the up to the family though."

"Under usual circumstances yes, but as we are short of time and do not have enough beds to accommodate more patients, the hospital have took it upon themselves and picked a date."

"Okay, and what have they picked."

"Today."

"What? That's such short notice."

"I know Miss Hastings, but I'm afraid that's just how it's going to have to be. I'll give you time to call your family and friends, and friends of Melissa--"

"Yeah that won't be many."

"And I will call you back on this number in say, 3 hours time. At around 2pm."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye Miss Hastings."

Spencer then walks back to the other girls, Wren and Nicole and tells everyone that the funeral is today. She then starts making phone calls to invite people to the funeral including her mom. Once she has done that, all the girls go back to the hotel and get ready for the funeral. 

It was now 2pm and the hospital rang Spencer back,

Phone call: Hospital - Spencer:

"Hello Miss Hastings."

"Hey, we are ready. Everyone is making their ways to the funeral now."

"Great, I will tell them to take the body now to...?"

"Oh Sorry, the Bell Tower please."

"Okay, I will tell them to take the body to the Bell Tower now."

"Thank you."

"No problem Miss Hastings and once again, sorry for your loss."

Spencer ends the phone call and gets into a funeral car with the other girls. They arrive at the Bell Tower at 2:30pm and everyone is there including Veronica Hastings. As soon as Spencer spots Veronica, they both run to each other and cry and then she hugs Wren and all the other girls. It was now time for the funeral. Everyone sat down and waited for the speeches. Hanna, Aria, Emily, CeCe, Veronica, Wren and Mona made their speeches and it was now time for Spencer's speech. So she walked up on stage and just looked at the picture of Melissa for one minute before starting her speech.

"Melissa, oh my god. I can't believe that you're really gone. I am so sorry for everything that I have ever done to you or said to you. I really am. You were my sister and sometimes a good one too. I just want to give you one last message before you rest in piece..."

Spencer walked over to Melissa's coffin with a microphone in her hand knelt down and said:

"Have fun in hell, cause thats where you belong. After everything you've not only put me through, but also my best friends. I now realise that I wish that you were never my sister. You're dead to me and you always will be, both physically and emotionally. You're lucky you got out of this world the cowards way Melissa. I mean what did I do to deserve a bitch like you as a sister, I will never know. Rot in hell!"

Spencer then stood up, threw the microphone on the floor, and walked out of the funeral, shortly followed by all of her friends. Meanwhile, back in the funeral, Veronica walks back up on stage as they're about to bury Melissa.

"Goodbye Melissa, I love you so much."

As the lights went out and everyone left the Bell Tower, just like that, Melissa was now nothing more than a name in the ground...