22

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

I went back to school the next day even though it was already Friday. My friends were all really happy to see me in school, and my teachers were pleased that I was still keeping up with my schoolwork.

The school was buzzing, but not because I was back, but because Jihoon's party was tomorrow. There were rumours going around that the invitations were not all given out yet, so there was a possibility that they would be invited.

"I don't know what they're all expecting to be honest. Jihoon and the lot have never invited anyone else but people in their inner circles to their parties, so the chance is literally zero." Woojin had commented when we walked past two girls giggling about it.

"I'm very honoured." I turned to Jihoon as I shook his hand very seriously who just looked at me confused.

"One of the most tiring days of the school year has come." Guanlin commented as he caught up with us.

"Why?" I asked.

"Everytime its the day before the party, we would always get people we only know by sight or not at all come up to us and try to get an invite. It's really tiring having to put up with this bullshit." Jihoon rolled his eyes.

"Seonho-ah! Are you heading for break?" Two girls who I assumed to be his classmates came up to him.

"I always do?" Seonho barely glanced at them, "You should just give up Sooji, Jihoon already has someone in his heart, in case you missed it."

The girl who was addressed just broke down in tears before leaving, with her friend comforting her.

"You idiot!" Jihoon pulled Seonho towards him as they walked forward, whispering hurriedly.

By the end of break, the rumour of Jihoon's crush had already spread round the whole school as teary or red-eyed girls littered the school campus, often with a friend comforting them.

"This is ridiculous." Jinyoung whispered under his breath, "No one has had that reaction to me."

"Thank goodness for the party tomorrow, something to unwind." Samuel put his head in his hands.

☆☆☆

"Rise and shine! We need to head to the mart!" Jihoon rushed into my room before sitting down on my bed.

I threw a pillow at him as I went back under the covers.

"I know you have good grades, so there's no need to make me dumber by throwing a pillow at my head. Now get up!" He practically dragged me out of bed as I fell onto the floor.

I raised my middle finger before making my way to the washroom to wash up.

"Same to you!" Jihoon shouted.

We soon reached the nearby mart to buy what was needed for the party that evening.

"We can just get lots of junk food and just order actual food later." I said as I grabbed bags of crackers by the handful.

"Drinks!" Daehwi, who had somehow decided to stay over last night, said excitedly.

We pushed the cart over to the drinks section as we loaded bottles and cans full of sweet drinks onto the cart.

It was not long before we found ourselves in the alcohol section.

"I want some of the strong stuff." Woojin commented as he grabbed the bottle.

"The cart is full of alcohol you bunch of drunks!" I whisper-shouted, referring to the fact that they had taken almost half a cart full.

"Can't help it. Daniel and Seongwoo specially requested for them." Jihoon shrugged his shoulders.

After paying for everything, we lugged the heavy bags of groceries along as we trudged back home. By the time we reached, the rest of the gang had already turned up and were setting up the place. There wasn't much to do really, they were just unpacking the food that had just been delivered and setting them on the table.

Soon, the food was all set up and we were waiting for the rest of the guests to arrive.

The first doorbell rang.

"Jihoon ah! How's it been! Are you still failing school?" A group of guys, good looking ones mind you, stood at the doorway excitedly.

"Jisung! Jaehwan! Minhyun!" Woojin rushed up excitedly.

"Oh? Is that a new girl I see?" Jaehwan winked at me.

"Her mum is friends with mine." Woojin said, dragging me around as he introduced all his friends to me.

The rest of the night was spent just chatting away, dancing away and eating away. By the time I had managed to sneak off from Daniel who was talking about his cats and made my way to the food table, Seonho was already on his seventh cheese stick and reaching out for another.

"How's the party?" Seonho asked.

"Great actually. It seems more of a gathering than a party to be honest." I helped myself to some food.

"Jieun! Try these!" He reached out and scooped some chicken onto my plate before continuing, "Anyone you're curious about?"

"Not at present. How many people are there though? Why do they all seem to know each other?" I tapped my chin.

"I would believe there's slightly over forty? I'm not too sure, hang on." He counted off his fingers, "Yep, there's forty something."

I nodded as someone approached.

"Hey Jieun, remember me?" He spoke up.

"Oh! Donghyun!" I exclaimed.

"You haven't accepted my follow request?" He checked his phone.

"I've been really busy." I opened the app as I pressed 'accept'. I saw the list of follow requests as I sighed sheepishly before accepting those whom I had met the previous time we went to the theme park.

"So, you all know one another?" I raised the question again.

"Yeah we do. We dance together and stuff like that. We all got to know each other through the parties actually." Seonho said.

"Jihoon brought all of you together?" I said, disbeliving.

"Sort of? It was more of people bringing their friends here, kind of like how we 'brought' you here."

"I was introduced by Youngmin actually." Donghyun explained.

"What an interesting concept. It's like you guys were originally a group and more members keep on getting added." I concluded.

"They're all mostly guys though. There are less than twelve girls." Yoojung came over as she brought over a few girls.

"These are Somi, Kyulyung and Chungha." She introduced them, "Somi's in another school, while Kyulkyung and Chungha have already graduated."

"You seem tired of being surrounded by so many guys. Come hang out with us!" Chungha took my arm kindly.

"Talk to you later!" Donghyun waved as I was led away.

+hi! i'm sorry again that this took so long, but here is the next chapter! i'm really thankful when i see the number of reads steadily increase day by day(geddit geddit whip whip dab) but thank you so much💖 if you have any suggestions/questions etc feel free to comment!