“Yes if that's alright with you. She's still asleep and I wouldn’t feel right leaving her alone.”

“OK yes that's fine do you want me to bring you some clothes?”

“Please if you could, I need to change.”

“OK I’ll be over in a few minutes.” with that she hung up.

I lied about Clover's mother being out of town truth was I didn’t know where she was I just knew she wasn’t home, and Clover didn’t like being home alone. I shook my head a little; I opened her bedroom door and saw she was still asleep. I on the other hand couldn’t sleep anymore; I closed the door quietly and made my way down the hall to the living room.

I took a seat on the couch and turned on the TV. A few minutes later I heard a car pull up and a knock on the door. I opened it seeing my mom who looked rather tired, but still she managed to smile as she handed me my bag.

I gave her a hug and whispered, “Thank you.” not many mothers would allow their son to stay at his girlfriend's house while her mother was out, but she knew Clover and she knew that we wouldn’t take advantage of a situation like that.

I talked to my mother about everything that went on with us, well to a point. I didn’t tell her about Clover's cutting but then again that wasn’t my secret to share, but she did know that Clover and I were now together and that I cared for her a lot.

When I first told my mother about it she smiled and said that she always saw it happening she was just waiting for it to happen. I released my mom from the hug and she smiled kissing me on the cheek, “Call me in the morning if  she's still sick then don’t go to school, but either way call me and let me know what you're going to do, OK?” she asked eying me.

“Alright mom I will don’t worry.” I assured her; she gave me one more hug and turned to walk back to her car.

I waved to her as she pulled out of the drive way. I went back into Clovers room trying to stay quiet since she was still asleep. I went into the bathroom and got ready to take a quick shower.

When I got out I dried off and started to go through my bag. I grabbed some boxers out of the bag, a shirt and some basketball shorts out of the bag as well. I looked at the clothes that were left it was what I was supposed to wear to school tomorrow. I laughed again realizing that I was 17 and my mother picked out my clothes for school. When I finished I closed the bag up and walked back out to Clover's room, I placed my bag next to the door and decided to go back and watch some TV till I felt like I could go back to sleep.

I was watching reruns of friends since that was the only thing on other than infomercials. I was startled when I head a quiet voice, “Hey.” I looked up to see clover she looked sleepy still.

“What are you doing up?” I asked her.

“I noticed you weren't there, and I heard the TV on so I came to see what was up. Why are you awake?”

“Couldn't sleep anymore...”

“Well I can't sleep anymore either.”

“Come here you can watch TV with me,” I said holding my arms out. She smiled joining me on the couch, she laid between me and the back of the couch her head resting on my chest and her arm wrapping around my torso. I smiled kissing the top of her head; we laid there watching TV in a comfortable silence.

She had been quiet for a while and I assumed that she was asleep. I looked down to see a smile on her face; she looked up at me and leaned in pressing her lips to mine softly. “I love you,” she whispered as she put her head back on my chest.

“I love you too,” I said tightening my arm around her hugging her closer to me.

We laid there watching random things that came on. I wasn’t paying much attention to anything letting my mind wonder. So when I fell asleep I couldn’t tell you what time it actually was. I woke up in the morning with the sun in my face. I looked at the clock on the wall and saw that it was already seven forty five.

School started about twenty minutes ago, great we were late. I placed the back of my hand on her forehead she still had a slight fever. I sighed and got up off the couch setting her back down softly trying not to wake her.

I went into the kitchen and called my mom letting her know that Clover was still running a fever and I didn’t want to risk her getting sicker or getting anyone else sick. I hung up the phone and decided that I’d make us some breakfast. I decided on something that wouldn’t upset her stomach if she was still feeling sick. A simple plate of toast, I also made her some pancakes just in case she felt well enough to eat them.

I went into the living room and saw that she was sitting up, “Hey how are you feeling?”

“Better, I guess.”

“Do you think you could handle some breakfast?”

“Yeah I think so, what did you have in mind?”

“Well I made you some toast and pancakes but you don’t have to eat the pancakes if you think you can’t handle it.”

“OK thanks,” she said standing up and going into the kitchen. I handed her the plate and we went back into the living room sitting on the couch eating quietly. She finished both the toast and pancakes which she ate dry. “I’m going to take a shower,” she said placing a kiss on my cheek.

“Do you want to go to school?” I asked before she got to her room.

“Nope, I'm not feeling that good,” she said with a light laugh. I guessed that she just didn’t want to deal with Asia just yet, but that was something that we would both have to face sooner or later.