Chapter Three

He is more powerful than any man in our country, I can't escape.❞ 

Realizing he is a royal family member I did what my dad told me when I meet someone who is belong to the royal palace. I instantly lower down my head and get down on my knees and greeted him, "Greetings your highness," I said out loud lowering my head, my knees are now beginning to be jelly because of the pressure I felt knowing a god like person is in front of me. "Lift up your head. Look at me." he said from a deep and baritone voice, sending shiver down to my spine. 

"Yes, your highness."  I answered and slowly I lift my head, like I am in a slow motion, based from his robe he is really from palace. He might be maybe one of the prince because of his dragon robe that signify's the token of the gods. My jaw almost dropped from the floor when I finally meet his dark piercing eyes, he had this cold and dangerous aura around him that makes me intimidated and enchanted.

But what rattles me the most is when I realize something---that he is wearing the king's Mianguan.  The symbol that he is the new crowned king and I know I am doomed for not realizing that. "Forgive me from my rude greetings your highness, I just di---" I was about to apologize but he spoke, "It seems like your greetings is incomplete for not telling the king who you are and what is your name. Did your parents didn't teach you how to properly greet a royal?" I couldn't find the words to tell him but I--- "Da Wang, forgive me for my rudeness but his imperial highness wanted you to be in the east pavilion right away." a guard appeared, the king just stared at the guard for a moment before returning his eyes on me. He stared at me for a minute before turning his back and walks toward the path followed by the guard. 

I almost ran out of breath after that nerve wracking encounter with the king, I slowly puts my hand on my chest and caress it to calm myself. My heart is almost leaving my rib cage because of his sudden appearance, I can't believe I've seen the king in here and in this state!

"Ellanor!" Fredrick shouted when he arrived, he quickly put down the foods that he got outside and helped me up from my knees.

"What happened?" he asked.

"Oh goodness Fredrick, I almost died." I said wiping my sweat.

"What is it Ellanor? Are you okay? Did someone hurt you?" he murmured checking me if I have an injury but I just smiled and holds his hand. "I'm fine, it's just I got nervous seeing the king in flesh." I answered making him stop.