Chapter 8: Last Goodbyes

I started hiking up the hill but with little motivation. Hope was the one who always motivated me to do anything. Hours later I almost had a feeling that I made it. I could hear whining as well. I knew that was Hope. I rushed up excited to see Hope sitting there innocent, but I was wrong. The whining sound started getting stronger and it sounded like she was in pain so I dropped the duffel bag and slid down a steep pathway. As soon as I got to the bottom I cried. I carried her bleeding body back to the surface. I set her down and tried to clean her wounds with the last drops of water that I had. I could tell she got burnt from mini meteorite particles. It was weird because there were mini meteorite particles everywhere and I didn't get hit by a single one. Then that's when I realized. When I was unconscious, Hope sacrificed herself by covering me from the mini particles. I cried and cried I didn't wanna lose her. She was all I got. I did all I could to heal her massive wounds. She was in so much pain. I bent down all the way and rested my head against her neck and hugged her. I wanted her to live but at the same time, I didn't want her to suffer. 

I even tried to use my tears as a source of antibiotic to her wounds. We were on top of a mountain so it was freezing cold. I used the duffel bag to keep Hope warm. She whined the whole night. I kept myself awake so I had the full attention for Hope. I never thought I had fallen into a deep sleep and dreamt that Hope and I were in a green field playing fetch. It was great but I couldn't wake up for some reason. But at least I was with Hope.