Chapter 6: The Answer to the Meteorites

Waking up on the cold floor wasn't as bad as waking up in the ashy dusty pavement outside. Hope had a piece of bread in her mouth which was so cute it made me laugh. In my mind, I knew that I had to figure what kept on bringing these meteorites down to earth. I found two towels and wrapped them around my knees making them support my swollen legs. I whistled and Hope perked her hears and followed me outside. We walked over to a pier and the whole ocean was red from the meteorites and there were sunken boats as well. The sun was beaming on my face and it felt like I was just free. Suddenly Piles of paper hit my legs. I picked them up and read it. Seemed as someone was doing research about meteorites hitting earth. It was a miracle it was everything we needed to know about why the meteorites kept on heading for earth. I ran back to the gas station with the papers, Hope also carries some of the papers in her mouth. Once we got back to the gas station I spread the paper out on the floor and start reading it. I found out that the real reason why meteorites kept on hitting earth was that a huge number of meteorites circling the sun sometimes leave their paths and head straight down because of earth's gravitational pull. Now usually if a meteorite were to go to earth it would come down as one but in this case, thousands of meteorites came down at the same time. I had so many questions but they could not be answered. it was a hot night and I couldn't sleep. I had my mind thinking about the meteorites and my body thinking how hot it was. Hope was laying on my lap as usual. And I...well I just stared at the papers and thinking about it made me get pretty scared.