Chapter 3: All was a Dream

I felt like I couldn't breathe for a whole 3 minutes then all was blank. I never thought I'd say this but I knew I was still asleep but I could smell I strong scent of smoke but I didn't know where it came from since I had my eyes shut. I coughed and coughed and finally opened my eyes looking at a grey sky. I was covered in ash from head to toe and my eyes were already starting to water from the smoke. I got up from the cracked ground and attempted to look for anybody that could help me. All my life was just a dream. I never had that summer, I never found that chunk of meteorite and I never went to Kara's house. It was all a dream. No one was on earth. Except me. I knew it couldn't just be me. That would be impossible. I'm just an ordinary 15-year-old. Sooner or later after walking for hours, I found a wrecked gas station, so I went in and raided it. I was starving. After stuffing myself with bread and chips I took a bag and put all the food I found and a bottle of water in. I have never been so alone. All the cars were flipped or burnt and there were even trees blocking paths. It quickly became night time and so I settled into a furniture shop and there I slept in one of the beds. Half of my mind, I thought I wasn't gonna live for long in this wrecked world since I grew thinner and always kept on throwing up. But the other half told me that everything was gonna be alright.