Chapter Four

Olivia's P.O.V.

I watched her beautiful face drop as she stared at me, her (E/C) eyes wide.

"How does she know I even exist?" She asked, narrowing her eyes into slits.

I tapped my right foot on the ground anxiously, rubbing my fists into my tired eyes. "I told you- she asked me questions. I didn't lie to get- I will never lie to her."

(Y/N) sighed, her shoulders dropping. "So," she said quietly, "do you mind telling me some of the things she asked you?"

I chewed on my lip, folding my hands in my lap. "She asked stuff like who the love of my life was, and then it went from what your name was to how I woke up every day with a smile on my face, knowing you were mine."

Key word being were.

(Y/N) nodded slowly, staying silent. I continued.

"I'd always been a favorite of hers- I don't know how, or why, but she liked me most out of all of her humans. She always requested an audience with me, for some apparent reason. I was mesmerized by her beauty and the ways she twisted things around, so I never realized she was basically spying on the only thing that can stop a war."

"So why'd she want to kill me, if she wanted to go to war so badly?"

I shrugged, chewing on my thumbnail as I stared at the ants crawling around on the ground. I moved my foot slightly, then slammed it down onto the ground, where the ants were. I gave a satisdied grin, lifting my foot, but soon my grin dropped. The ants weren't dead, just freaking out.

That reminded me of something, though I can't exactly remember what. I tapped my temple, staring at the dry concrete as I tried to remember what it was.

Someone was saying my name? What was it... Wait, where was I?

I jumped when I felt something touch me, urging myself not to scream as I turned around, my eyes widening.

(Y/N) tapped my shoulder, bringing me back to reality. I blinked, staring at her before calming down.

"You never answered my question," she said, removing her hand from my shoulder. I ran a hand through my hair, sighing.

"What was your question?" I asked, slightly embarrassed because I honestly forgot what we were even talking about.

"I asked about why she wanted to kill me. Does she want to go to war or something?"

I thought about this for a moment, then I shrugged. "I have no clue," I said, "I'm not a faerie, I still don't quite understand what's going on in their heads."

She nodded slowly, before jerking a thumb towards the door. "Do any of them have any clue on what goes on in faeries' minds?"

I stood up, brushing off the bottom of my jeans. "I honestly don't know, none of them are faeries- except for Taylor, but he's half faerie, so..."

I held out my hand, gesturing for her to take it so that I could help her up. She stared at it, hesitating.

"Come on, I'm just helping you up, Baby G," I said, giving her a lopsided grin. She frowned and stood up herself, walking towards the door.

"Or I could not help you," I mumbled, irritated. She scoffed, placing a hand on the door knob, getting ready to turn it.

I didn't realize my arms were around her smaller body until she tensed up. I could've sworn she stopped breathing.

"I'm sorry," I choked out, burying my face into her neck. She took in a deep breath before I continued.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know I was going to hurt you. I'm sorry I make all of these mistakes, I'm sorry all I've done is hurt you, I'm just so sorry, (Y/N)." My voice cracked dangerously, and my vision blurred slightly as my eyes filled with hot tears.

"I know you don't even want me touching you, or even hugging you, for that matter, but I just wanted you to know..." I spun her around, grasping her shoulders tightly as I gave her a gentle kiss on her forehead. "I love you, (Y/N). I always will. I know you hate me, you probably want me to die... But I also know you're happy with Marah. He's a really good friend of mine, you know? I didn't know he had fallen for you, too. But its okay, he's better for you. Him to live, me to die. Him to love and cherish, me to hate and die. I just want you to not be so cold and distant, please.  I know you don't care, but if you don't mind, I really need a friend right now, and if a friend is all you'll be to me, then..." I closed my eyes, taking in a deep breath, "...so be it."

We stood there in silence, and I kept my eyes closed until something strange happened.

I felt tiny arms wrap around my body- slowly, but surely.

(Y/N) laid her head on my chest, her shoulders shaking. It took me a few seconds to realize she was crying.

"(Y/N)? Are you okay?" I asked, my arms tightening around her. She only sobbed harder, shaking her head.

"Olivia, I love you, too, and it breaks my heart to see you in this much pain... I just wish you loved someone else. I'm not good enough for your sweet heart, Liv. Find someone better than me to love, okay? Because even if I was good enough..."

She pulled back, wiping the tears out of her eyes. "I'd never love you like you love me. I care about you, Liv. I'm worried about you, too... But I can't love you that way."

And with that, she turned around, red, puffy eyes and all, and she walked right through the front door.

Leaving me to stand there, heartbroken.

I know she had said that she cared about me, and that she worried about me...

But saying that she loved Marah and only Marah, hurt me. So, so much.

------------

Nobody's P.O.V.

(Y/N) left Olivia to stand there, broken hearted. Though many would believe what (Y/N) had said, she lied.

She still loved Olivia.

But, she loved Marah, as well.

Later that night, (Y/N) slid into her room, closing her door as she ran to her bed, jumping onto it and then collapsing.

"God, I'm completely and utterly f*cked," she mumbled.

Olivia, Marah. Choices, choices.

Which will be the right one, though?

As she stared at her ceiling, she frowned. "Marah. I only love Marah," she repeatedly mumbled to herself.

But even then, she knew she was lying to herself.

And, for the sake of her relationship with Marah....

She will continue to lie to herself.

------------

HI DONT HATE ME OKAY THERE WILL BE A LOT OF EVENTS THAT WILL HAPPEN AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA