Chapter Three

Mom put a hand on my shoulder before I shook it off, and she sighed. "Olivia is here with Kennedy to help you. The other one sitting at the table is known as Taylor. He's going to be doing most of the work, so I'd keep off the snarky comments if I were you."

I blinked, speechless as her words settled into my brain. Olivia was here to help me?

Olivia grinned even wider at my shock as she walked slowly towards me. When she was about three feet away, I stepped back, scared she was going to go psycho again.

A look of hurt filled her eyes and she stopped, but then regained her happy act, giving me a lopsided grin. "So, what's up?" She asked quietly, running a hand through her hair.

I shrugged, crossing my arms defensively, hoping to actually be protected. Olivia sighed and looked at the ground.

"Look, (Y/N), I'm sorry about what happened that night. I... There was something wrong with my head... Can I talk to you? In private?"

I nibbled on my lip, avoiding eye contact before Mom said, "Yeah, you can. (Y/N), play nice, please."

I spun around and gawked at her, but she avoided my eyes as she brushed past me. I sighed, then turned around to see Olivia already beginning to walk away.

I followed her outside, where she sat on the cement steps of the porch. I quietly closed the door before sitting down beside her.

She glanced at me in the corner of her eye before she spoke.

"I had a ton of faerie wine that night, babe. It was horrible, I was wasted for three days afterwards. I couldn't focus on reality, I was just waiting for you to come back home. I was wondering why you never came back, until, like, a week afterwards."

I nodded slowly, chewing on the inside of my cheek as Liv continued.

"So, I got so angry that I threw my phone at the wall... Didn't realize I broke it, though. Anyway, I freaked out so much about what had happened and what I had did that I just left and went back to the faerie realms. I stayed in the Seelie Court- I'm sort of stuck there, thanks to eating their food when I was little."

I frowned and I stopped chewing on my cheek. "Why do you have to go there all the time? What's up with the food there? Is it enchanted or something?"

Olivia stared at the clouds as she chuckled. "Well, somewhat, anyways. The taste is just so divine..." She closed her eyes, happily moaning. "When you taste it- just that tiny bit- nothing else tastes good. Your favorite food will taste like a rotting corpse, I swear. You'd think having to stay in the faerie realms is actually so cool, and the faeries are just straight up gorgeous, even when they're on the battlefield. But..." She turned around slightly to look at me.

"But what?" I asked, hugging my knees to my chest. Olivia sighed.

"But it'll slowly make you go insane."

I squinted my eyes. "Think you can explain?"

Olivia shrugged. "Well, its honestly weird- but when a mortal tastes anything faerie, it mentally scars them. You think you're fine, you think those you love are safe," she mumbled, "but you're wrong. The worst part about thinking those you loved are safe is when you come to utter realization."

I ran a hand through my hair slowly before speaking. "And what's the utter realization?"

Olivia didn't look at me when she said quietly:

"When you've killed them."

--------------

Olivia and I sat outside for around two hours, but we only talked for about thirty minutes. I honestly wanted to hug her, wanted to forgive her...

But can you forgive someone who's tried to kill you?

So I stayed a safe distance away from her- three feet is the closest I'd be to Liv.

She knew I was wary of her, and she knew I would bolt if she even laid a finger on me, just a simple tap to get my attention. So she just sat there in silence, studying the leaves that fell on the ground as I studied her face.

I had actually loved her so much, not so long ago. She was beautiful, perky, hilarious and she always knew when I needed a hug, or something comforting.

Not that she still isn't any of those, but unlike before, she had a sad aura floating around her, like she was carrying the weight of the world on her shoulders. The skin under her eyes was a dark blue, some purple blended in. Her skin was paler than it used to be, and she looked skinnier.

"Have you been sleeping well?" I asked before I could stop myself. Olivia blinked at me, before smiling sadly.

"No," she admitted softly, "not really."

I hummed, tapping my chin. "Why not? What's up?"

Olivia snorted. "When you have killed people and have almost killed someone you'd literally die for, you tend to get nightmares. And to have with your order of nightmares, you can have a teaspoon of insomnia with your side of depression." She laughed at her own joke.

"Have you been eating well?" I pressed, fidgeting with the hem of my shirt. Olivia shrugged.

"Yeah, sure, I have," she said slowly, "but I'd throw it up afterwards, because its not food from the faerie realms. Like I said, human food tastes like rot."

I nodded slowly before asking, "Well, why haven't you been back to the realms to eat, then?"

Liv shrugged. "I'm not too eager to go back to the queen, to be completely honest with you. Spending time with her is like spending hours doing homework- boring and frustrating."

"I thought she was awesome, and beautiful." I twitched my nose.

"She is," Olivia mumbled, pushing her hair out of her face. "But that doesn't mean she's fun. She just plays the same games with me- literally just a play on words, and, occasionally, chess. She always wins, though, but she asks questions throughout the games."

She added, "And she's the one who got me drunk on faerie wine that night."

I sneezed, then blinked. "And she sent you home?!"

Olivia nodded. "Yep. And she knew about you, too. Pretty sure she wanted me to kill you."

My jaw dropped. "What?"

----------------

You wanted a new chapter yes