CHAPTER TWELVE; ANSWERS?

“Again!” he roared pointing the edge of his sword at me. I rubbed off the sweat and dirt and stood up, sword held tightly in my hand. I started swinging once more and the clinging sounds resumed. Abruptly he held my sword hand and twisted it disarming me. His grip still on my right hand he twisted it behind my back and held it there. To finish it off he rammed his kicks right behind my knees bringing me into a kneeling position. He twisted my hand once more and the pain made me to let out a soft groan.

“What is wrong with you!? Why are you like this!? For the past three days you have been doing nothing but falling like a weakling! Haven’t I taught you enough? Fight me!” he thundered at me as if he did not know why I was like that in the first place, that secretive lying geezer. 

“Well I am not telling you anything till you complete your training, you hear me kid?" He continued as if he had read my mind. 

I had had enough of the lies and the deception and had decided it was time I got the truth one way or another. Suddenly I rammed my left elbow into his ribcage with my left foot took out his right and with my right his left bringing him down in the same position he placed me in moments ago. He let go of my hand and with all my mighty strength rammed my elbow right on top of skull! He fell but this wasn’t the end, I need the truth, I was tired of being kept in the dark! I held onto his collar and raised his head a little.

“Till when will you keep me in the dark, huh, until when?” I rammed the first punch on his temple, “I am tired of being lied to by everyone! Till when?” the second on his left jaw, “I want the truth!” and the final one landed on his nose.

He just looked at me as if asking he was waiting for another blow. 

“Feel any better!?” he asked as if all I just said was gibberish to him. I let go.

 “You know what, you can go and shove your training up your ass! I am done!” I stared down at him and turned to walk away.

“You said you will never give up no matter what. You made a promise kid,” he said bringing me to a halt. Damn my promise. 

“And I intend to keep my promise but not with the help of a liar, good evening old man.” I said more to myself than him then walked away. 

I was so infuriated at all the lies. Two weeks had gone by since the forest incident. Benid refused to tell me anything about all I had seen that night and claimed he was doing it because I was not ready yet. More than that, he blamed the whole thing on Melissa saying that it was her fault I was there in the first place. I hated all this! It made me so angry. I made my way into the house and found Melissa waiting just behind the door.

“None of this is your fault!” I said while walking past her but she grabbed my hand.

“Yes it is. I should have never ever let you go in there alone, I am so sorry Ladin,” she said with a deeply regretful tone.

I jerked my hand away from her.

“It was never your fault, it is all his!” I shouted. I did not wait to hear her opinion but dashed upstairs and ran into my room. As soon as the door slammed shut behind me, I rammed several kicks into my clothes’ drawer, all the while throwing curses at Benid.  I then jumped onto my bed and buried my face into the pillow. When will the lies stop? When would I get the answers? I had grown weary of this. I thought I had a purpose but I felt I was doing nothing of significance. I still remember that night, still remember Lily and the words of that demon, so how could I just wait without knowing exactly what was going on. I had left Lily out of my narrative and I still didn’t know why ,yet I missed this stranger and had an urge to see her again. I was beginning to pity my own self and I resented that feeling.
I must have dozed off for a few minutes because I was woken up by raised voices coming just behind the door to my bed chamber.