CHAPTER EIGHT;NEVER GIVE UP!

I could see his kick coming very clearly and once it got close enough I swerved right and simultaneously blocked the next kick.

"Is that all you got old man?” I taunted him. He followed with a hard right hook which grazed my cheek and followed it up with a wicked left punch which whisked across my hair as I ducked. His miss gave me a blessed opening to launch my own attack but it was as if he knew it was coming from a the way he blocked it effortlessly. I did not stop there but followed with a quick right and it caught him smack dab in the face right above his nose. Quickly, I grabbed hold of him and tried to hit him with my knee but he twisted out of my grasp in the nick of time. 

I rammed my elbow into his skull throwing him into utter confusion as he stumbled back barely on his feet. A round kick to his temple and right into the ground he went but he wasn’t one to fall so easily. He took to his feet wiping the blood off his temple from the cut I just made with my kick. I smirked at him but quickly wiped it off my face when i saw the death glare he sent my way. To keep it short the next minutes of training were brutal and filled with the sounds of my agony.

 “I yield!” I coughed out with great difficulty seeing that my lungs felt like they were filled with sand. I groaned and moaned from the pain that was coursing through my utterly spent body.

 “Get up kiddo! You still have some moxie left in you!” He had the shame to say. I barely stopped my self from cursing at him.

“Stop, please. My whole body hurts so much. Can’t you just for once go easy on me?”

  “Not this again! I told there is no easy way out of this, now get up and get healed.”

I stumbled to my feet and dragged myself towards the house. One month had already gone by and my training was as brutal as ever but one thing was for certain, I had learnt a lot despite getting my ass handed to me over and over again. Melissa was a healer too. I am still surprised as the first day I found out and to be honest she is amazing at it, like she has magical hands. I walked into the castle and called for her.

She came running at the sound of my voice but stopped short when she saw my bruised self.

"Again? Why am I even surprised? What did you do to piss him off this time?” She said as she led me towards one of the sofas in the parlor.

“Well I roughed him up a little as always,” I replied giving her a cocky smile.

"When do you ever learn Ladin?" she replied smiling.

“At least I tried didn’t I?”  Our conversations were always so full of life unlike my master’s which were full of pain, insults and some words he called ‘encouraging’. Yeah they were but the ironical thing is that he says them when he is about to give me some very nasty beating and in the end they don’t turn to be so ‘encouraging’ rather the words he uses to easen my pain. I reclined on the sofa as she went to get my cure, I never knew what it was all I could make up was that it was some greenish liquid. Whenever I asked her answer was, “A mixture of Olad tree sap, Sed and little amount of hot water.” Still I had no clue what she was talking about.

 “You need to be more careful Ladee." she said kneeling besides me.

“Yeah right! And I don’t feel the name you know that right?”

“The name will stick, now quiet and let me heal you for who knows how many times now.” And gently she started rubbing the liquid onto my bruises or at least the ones that were visible.

This went on for quite a while but finally she was done and all I needed was rest.

“Hey drink this up! It will help with any internal injury,” she said giving me a stern look.