Chapter 23

River POV

I shot up as a gunshot went off. Soaked in my own sweat. The same nightmares haunted me still. I couldn't take it anymore. I just couldn't. I needed another escape. The drinking, the drugs, the whores. They weren't enough anymore. I had to deal with this problem myself. I knew where it was at. Where it stayed. Where it worked. I could do it fast. I could make it quick. Then I could find Lyphyr and run away with him and be happy once again. 

That's all I needed. The boy I love and a new, fresh start with a life with him. But could I give him what he wanted? Could I make him happy while running away from everyone and everything we loved. I couldn't bring myself to take Lyphyr away from the few people that cared about him. But I still had to try. 

I glanced at the table with the glowing lights. Flashing me with 2:19 AM. I had enough time to do it tonight. Then run for the rest of my life with him. It was either now or never. I grabbed my phone, almost dead and called his cell one more time to listen. His heavenly voice picked up automatically. Causing my breathing hitch like always.

"Ello earthling. You have reached Lyphyr, sorry I can't probe your ass this time, but I have other matters to attend too." I still don't know to this day what made him set that as his voicemail but it always got me to chuckle. I just had to hear him again. To give me another chance. The hope blooming in my chest as I left the shitty hotel room and made my way to the place I once called home.

I had to kill my so called father.