Um, are you kidding me? I was drugged and could have died from an overdose, and they think that I haven't learned anything for that? Unbelievable.

"I think I realize that, or did I dream the whole hospital experience?" I pause for a moment to keep from raising my voice. If I yell, then this conversation is for sure not going to go well. With a a sigh, I try to reason with my parents, "If y'all are worried that I'm going to go to frat parties and drink there, you shouldn't be. I might still go, but I am never drinking at one again. And to be fair, I only had like half a cup of whatever it was so it's not like I was trying to get drunk."

As I finish, I can see my father contemplating my words, but he nonetheless looks frustrated with me. I don't know why he would be frustrated; all I'm trying to do is to explain to them that they needn't worry about me. Surely, they understand that I don't have some absurd desire to rebel or something like that. I just screwed up, and luckily, Harry was there to save me.

"It's not that you don't have good intentions, Camryn," my dad begins, taking a seat at the counter. "It's that you need to be smarter, if not for your own sake, for ours. You can't imagine how scared we were when that boy called to tell us that you were in the hospital."

I guess he has a point, but I still don't get why they are wanting to have this conversation now that Harry is on his way. I don't see why they didn't just talk to me about this literally any time this weekend instead of keeping me here while I'm supposed to be in class.

"I know, and I'm sorry. I was scared, too. I just messed up this time, but I'm going to do better; I promise," I tell them, meaning it. Hopefully, this will be enough for them to let me go back tonight.

After several moments and several glances exchanged between my parents, my father nods and says, "Okay, then. One more thing, who is this boy and why is he driving all this way for you?"

Bruh, wouldn't I like to know the answer to that.

My father's first question is the one that distresses me. I'm ninety percent sure my parents would disapprove of me going out with a tatted up senior who just so happens to also be one of my TAs. Given that, I'm not really sure what to tell them. Clearly, I can't tell him we met at the party because my parents would never believe that someone would drive all this way for someone who talked to me once at a band party. I also can't tell them that he's my TA; they surely would never allow me to go with him then. I guess I could tell them I met him while I was watching out for my roommates at a club. That would show them that I have been somewhat responsible in college, and it's the truth, so it's not all that bad of a plan at all. I don't know what I overcomplicated that, to be honest. 

"Well, my roommates needed a DD one of the first nights, so I volunteered, and while I was there, I met him. We've hung out a few times, and obviously, he's the one who brought me to the hospital, so I really owe him big time," I tell them, now trying to mentally attack the second question.

I suppose it's possible that Harry likes me, but John's warning still lingers in my mind. He's an expert at making girls fall in love with him. Under any other circumstances, I would assume that he does like me, but I can't help but think that I could be the next victim in his game. But then again, would he actually put this much effort into a game? I honestly don't know.

I shrug as my mom takes the spatula from me and begins adding more ingredients to whatever dish she is making, "And I honestly don't know why he would drive all this way. I mean, I appreciate it, but I don't know what his angle is."

My father opens his mouth to speak, but he is cut off by the doorbell. Shit, he's earlier than I thought he would be. My chest tightens at the thought of Harry in my house, and much more so at the thought of he and my parents talking together. I know they already met him at the hospital, but still, this time there's going to be questions and assumptions about Harry and I's relationship that I don't have the energy to deal with. More than that, I wouldn't even begin to know the answers to these questions, so it looks like I'm in for an awkward encounter.