Chapter 21 - The Prophecy

Start from the beginning

Draco was pulled to his feet and dragged along the grounds, eventually ending up on the edge of the forbidden forest, out of breath.

"Harry..? What are we doing here? And what on Earth are you going on about?"

"We need something that flies."

"F-Flies?!"

Harry nods, pulling Draco into the forest. "And I know just the thing. Threstrals. Hagrid showed me them a little bit after the first tournament to cheer me up."

Harry leads Draco into the forest, finally coming to a clearing.

Nearly a dozen Threstrals were roaming about the clearing, chittering to each other. They looked like skeletons... Horse's skeletons..

"Come on.." Harry mumbled, pulling some raw meat out of his pocket, and Draco nearly gagged. "Why on Earth do you have that?!"

"The Threstrals trust you more if you feed them." Harry says, holding it out to Draco. "Go on. They already know me."

Draco shakes his head, making a disgusted face. "No way. That's revolting."

"Alright, I guess you don't want to come help me. Oh well. I'll see you later then."

Harry began to climb onto the Threstral after putting the meat back in his pocket.

"No no wait!" Draco said suddenly, and Harry turned to him with a smile. "Yes?"

Draco sighs heavily, holding his hand out. "Just... Give it here..."

Harry chuckles and tosses it to him. Draco barely catches it, mumbling "Ew ew ew ew ew." As he tosses it to one of the Threstrals, who gobbles it up immediately.

He wipes his hands on his trousers as he climbs onto the Threstrals behind Harry. "I'm never forgiving you for that, I hope you know..."

Harry chuckles. "Don't be such a drama queen. Now, hold on."

A moment later, they were soaring through the air, on their way to the Ministry of Magic... Wherever that was.

The Threstral seemed to know where it was going, however, and they eventually landed outside the ministry.

Harry looked up at the building silently after climbing off the Threstral, and Draco came up behind him. "Are you sure about this..?"

After receiving no answer, he went around to look at him, and gasped in shock.

Harry's eyes were no longer the bright green they've always been, but a blood red. His eyes almost seemed to glow.

"H-Harry..? Are you okay..?"

Harry didn't make any motion to show that he heard Draco. Instead, he simply began walking towards the building, taking large strides, different from the way Harry normally walked.

Something wasn't right...

Draco followed him cautiously. They easily found the Hall of Prophecies, and Harry began walking down the shelves, reading the numbers silently to himself.

Eventually, he got close to one - the numbers were faded - and it started to glow.

"Is that what we're looking for..?" Draco asks, staring up at it in awe.

"Get it." Harry orders, and Draco looks over to him. Harry's bright red eyes weren't wavering from the Prophecy.

"H-Huh..?"

Something definitely wasn't right..

"Fetch. It." Harry says, stronger now, danger and threat in his tone, and Draco felt his body send him all the signs to run away. Instead, he swallowed nervously and went over to him cautiously and turned to the Prophecy, standing on his toes and trying to reach it.

It was just too far out of reach.

Curse his father for not giving him his tall genes.

"What are you waiting for?!" Harry snapped, drawing his wand and pointing it at Draco. His eyes were practically glowing now, illuminating Draco's platinum blonde hair.

"I can't reach it!" Draco defends.

"Well I obviously cannot reach it, so find a way! And don't you dare break it or I will kill you."

Draco felt a strike of fear, and he swallowed nervously.

This wasn't Harry... This couldn't be.. Harry would never threaten to kill him....

"Where's Harry?" Snape asks as he rushes into Dumbledore's office.

"I do believe that he is currently retrieving the Prophecy with Mr.Malfoy at the Ministry." Dumbledore says with a smile, his eyes twinkling.

"WHAT?" Severus shouted, striding towards the old man and slamming his hand on his desk.

"You set him on the task!" Snape says angrily.

"He was willing."

"He's a CHILD!"

"He is 14 years old, Severus. He is no longer a child."

"Maybe not physically, but mentally, he is! You know this! You've put him and his friend into danger! You KNOW that the Dark Lord is after the Prophecy! He WILL find a way to get it! You KNOW this!"

Dumbledore merely smiles, his sparkle gone. He holds up a tin of Lemon Drops silently.

Severus glares. "I am not taking one. I know that you lace those with a calming drought."

Dumbledore frowns and puts the tin down. "My dear boy, why-"

"Don't." Severus interrupts. "I am going after them."

He turns and leaves the office, making sure to slam the door extra hard with a flick of his wand, making a painting fall off the wall and shatter.

A/N: I'm extremely sorry for the late update! Each weekend I've been driving two and a half hours to visit my sister in the hospital, and I get motion sickness when I use my phone in the car, and I've been really bad writer's block, but I'm getting back my ideas. Hopefully the next chapter will come out sooner! Again, I'm very sorry!