Chapter 2

~~~

~~~

'How is she?' Killian asked Camille when she returned with their drinks, joining them at their table.

The blonde was surprised at the genuine concern from the man and smiled, 'She's doing fine I suppose. She seems a little lost sometimes, or at least that's what Niklaus always tells me. After she came back from traveling, she was a little off.'

'Who's Niklaus?' Henry asked, after he had recently found out that his hot coco lacked cinnamon.

Cami bit her lip, 'He's her brother.'

Snow's eyes widened, 'A brother? I didn't know she had a brother.'

Cami raised her eyebrow, the strangers amused her. They knew Bree, yet they knew nothing about her... 

'She has quite a lot of them actually, Kol, Elijah, Finn, Henrik and Niklaus. She also has a sister, Rebekah,' Cami told them.

Ruby sighed, her best friend had never told her anything about anything. Maybe Bree didn't even consider her a friend.

'How are they? Her family?' Charming asked. He was curious, family had always meant everything to him. 

Cami looked at her hands, 'They're... unique...' a sigh escaped her lips, 'No they're... Actually, just stay away for them. You don't want to get in their way.'

Snow whites eyes widened, her mind running for possibilities even though she'd never be close to the truth. Emma began thinking about cults and gangs, Regina however just went with an eye roll.

'Not that I get to judge... I'm dating her brother, Niklaus,' Cami added softly as an afterthought.

'Why date someone, you just told us to stay away from?' Regina asked her curiously.

Cami flushed, 'That's a very good question, I wish I knew the answer...'

'Can we go find her now?' Killian asked. 

He had waited for longer than two years to see the girl he loved, he didn't want to waste time on small talk. Cami looked at the guy, it was clear he felt strongly for Bree. Could he be an ex of hers? No... Bree told her she had only fallen for one man in her existence and he had impaled her heart with a dagger, right after he kissed her. He was dead. Niklaus had killed him.

'Yes, we can.' Cami told him.

They left Rousseau's, walking towards the Mikaelson compound. They had been quiet, until Cami's phone began ringing.

'Niklaus?' She asked.

'I'm on my way now, why?'

'What!? Why aren't you there?!'

'I have to! They're my friends!'

'You better hurry!'

A bewildered look rested on her face as she hung up. Without paying any attention to her companions, she started running. Neal looked at Emma and the others, in the end it was Killian who decided to start running after the bartender. She was the only lead he had on Bree and he wanted nothing more than to see Bree again.

Cami was surprised to see that they had all followed her and without thinking she knocked on the door of the Mikaelson compound. Niklaus had told her that werewolves had attacked their home, but Cami had forgotten the stranger didn't know about this world. Before she realised her mistake Bree opened the door.

She was covered in blood from head to toe, while her dress was torn

She was covered in blood from head to toe, while her dress was torn. Her eyes looked tired, yet so dangerous. 

Snow White had gone into shock and was desperately clinging onto Charming. Emma tried to cover Henry's eyes, but he just scrunched his nose in disgust. Neal held Emma close to him, while Ruby was frightened and Regina didn't blink an eye. Killian was shocked to say the least, however to him she looked just as beautiful as before.

'Cami! This is really not a good time...' Bree told her, a sheepish smile on her lips.

'I know, Niklaus told me all about it. Are you hurt as well?' Cami asked.

Bree lifted her hair from her neck to show a terrifying bite mark, 'He needs to get here quickly... Or I'll start hallucinating soon.'

She opened the door further and Snow gasped as the horrifying scene revealed itself. Bodies laying on the floor, hanging in the curtains and impaled with various objects. Blood coating the floors and walls, while you could notice a few hearts laying around. 

Bree however acted as if it was the most normal thing in the world, again. In her defense, this was what a normal day in the Mikaelson family looked like.

'What the hell happened here?!' Charming exclaimed. He was pissed, Snow was shaking and he was very protective over her.

Bree let a sigh escape her lips, 'These werewolves attacked our compound, I just defended it.'

'You did this on your own?' Regina asked, frowning.

'No, my brother helped. He's taking a shower,' Bree replied, waving with her hand towards the stairs.

Ruby had thought killing a few made her a monster, but Bree hadn't just killed a few... Today she had killed at least twenty, but she didn't even look bothered nor guilty. Which told Ruby that this... this wasn't the first time... And the others had come to the same conclusion.

A man in suit came walking down the stairs, 'Bree, you need to lay down. The werewolf venom will enter your system anytime and it's not going to be pretty.'

'Yes, Elijah... I've been bitten before, remember?' Bree sighed.

'I'm sorry Camille, I hadn't been aware of your presence. Who did you bring with you?' Elijah asked Cami in his formal way of speaking.

Cami looked at the people she had brought with her, only now remembering that they probably weren't aware of the supernatural world. Her eyes widened and she bit her lip.

'Bree's friends... I think?'

Bree raised her eyebrow, 'No... they're not... Not that I know of...'