Chapter 9

~~~

~~~

Bree was still not quite there yet, but decided to listen in on Emma's debate with Gold. 'What's your price?' Emma asked him.

Bree was confused, she had understood that Charming was hit by dreamshade and that Gold could make a cure. But why a price? It wasn't a good thing for Gold to ask, not after he'd just been questioned about his loyalty.

'Well, this is quite the favor. I'd expect one of equal weight in return,' Gold told her, with a grin on his face.

'Deal,' Bree told him.

Everyone looked at her in surprise, but mostly Gold was questioning her actions. 'And what could you offer me, dearie?' Gold asked her.

Bree smiled, 'A favor, just like anyone else. I promise, you'll be glad it's me that owes you.'

Gold frowned, but he had been suspicious of the girls identity for awhile now. Having her owe him wouldn't be such a bad thing, after all Emma didn't have much to offer anyway. She had magic, but so did he.

'Well then dearie, consider the deal closed,' he told her.

'I'll go tell David,' Emma told the others, before walking away.

'What the bloody hell were you thinking?' Killian asked Bree.

He couldn't help but be worried about what kind of mess the girl could have dragged herself into.

'I think I did a good thing.' Bree told him, slightly confused.

'You owe Rumplestiltskin! He's not going to ask you for a sip of your drink!' Regina told her, thinking exactly like the pirate.

Bree smiled as she realised what was going on, 'Don't worry, I can take care of myself.'

'Good, because we're here... Pan's perimeter,' Tink told them.

Bree smiled at the smell of action, oh how she had missed this. Mystic Falls was nothing but misery, but the action mostly outweighed it. She didn't harm innocents, she never did. But no one in Mystic Falls was completely innocent. However as they walked in, ready to attack, Pan was nowhere to be found nor was Henry.

'Help!' they heard a girl scream.

Emma ran away and returned with a girl, she was fairly young and Bree quickly found out it was Wendy. Neal seemed to know her and he asked her a few questions, but Wendy wasn't answering them honestly. All in order to protect her brothers, the ones that pointed guns at Belle's and Ariel's heads. Something clicked inside Bree's head, they were doing it to protect her from Pan.

'Pan's dying, he needs the heart of the truest believer to absorb all the magic in Neverland. And once he does... he'll be immortal, all powerful,' Wendy finally told them.

Bree shivered at the thought, she hadn't even met him and it sounded mildly terrifying. Better kill him before he does any harm.

'And what happens to Henry?' Mary Margaret asked, taking a step forward.

'Well, it's a trade. When Pan lives, Henry will die.'

While the most went to safe Henry, Bree stayed behind to watch over the lost boys. She didn't want anyone to harm them as they reminded her of her brother. The look of abandonment in their eyes, just as hopeless as Nik looked when he got beaten by his father. When mother just let it happen.

Killian had tied the lost boys down and it didn't take them long to wake up, but before much words were shared a gust of wind hit them. A green light following almost immediately. Bree looked down as she realised what happened, they hadn't been able to stop Henry from giving his heart.

***

'You won't talk?! How about I make you talk?!' Regina yelled as she was about to rip out Felix's heart.

Bree was about to interfere, but Emma had already grabbed Regina's arm. 'Regina, wait.'

'There's no time!' Regina yelled, she was getting desperate. Her son was in danger and she was losing it.

'I don't think torture is our best move here,' Emma turned to face the children, 'Look at these kids! They've been to hell and back. We need to try something else.'

'Yeah, we tried the cute and and cuddly. They don't response to reason, what else do you have to offer?'

Bree smiled, 'What every kid wants.'

Everyone looked at her in confusion, except for Emma. Who thought the answer was obvious and glanced at Snow.

Bree sighed as she thought about hers, 'A mother.'