Chapter 1

~~~

~~~

Bree's little vintage car had taken her too many places, but Storybrooke was new to her. What surprised her was the fact she couldn't really find it on a map, the only reason she found it was because she used her magic.

That was why she was surprised to see a car driving in front of her, one who seemed to go in the same direction.

She followed the car closely, the driver seemed to know exactly where he was going. And since she had no idea how to get there, she followed it. Only allowing a small distance to get between her car and the one in front of her.

But out of nowhere the car in front of her turned in an unexpected way, Bree gripped the steering wheel tightly as she found out why. A girl laying in the middle of the road and not far from her a guy too.

Brynhilde turned her steering wheel as quickly as possible, hitting a tree in the process.

A groan escaped her lips as she looked at her beautiful car, now crushed by a huge piece of freaking wood. Any other person would probably have a concussion, but she was a vampire. No such thing could happen to her.

She got out and noticed a man taking care of the girl, while a few others took care of the driver that she had been following. However, no one was taking care of the black haired guy who was hit by a car.

She walked over to him, he dressed like he was going to a cosplay festival. However, it looked quite good on him. She kneeled down and noticed he was still conscious, but he had obviously broken a few ribs. She couldn't give him her blood, as there were to many people surrounding her. The ambulance wasn't far away, however even these people didn't pay attention to him.

Bree frowned and started shouting, 'Anyone?!This guy needs medical attention?!'

A few people looked at her, but only after they had taken care of the others they started paying attention to the guy in front of her.
She entered the ambulance as it was the only ride to town she had.

They brought the guy to another room so Bree settled in the waiting room, not knowing what to do. She smiled at the thought that she had finally gotten out of Mystic Falls and she still wasn't rid of the trouble.

She listened in on the conversation of a few locals, but quickly zoned out. She was tired and she hadn't fed in a few days, luckily she was more than a thousand years old. So she was completely in control of her bloodlust. And something caught her attention, something the locals said. She sighed as she realised she shouldn't have zoned out and should've eavesdropped.

She closed her eyes and muttered a spell, sadly she couldn't remember everything. Except for one word, die. And something, she had to admit her little memory spell helped, clicked. They were going to let the poor man die. Her eyes widened as she shot up from her chair, she sniffed and recognised the smell of his blood from the crash.

She rushed over to his room and cleaned her hands, she had a medical degree so it wasn't completely illegal.

She cleaned the wound and as she was doing surgery to get the blood out of his longs, the door opened. Revealing two men, one of them a doctor.

'What the hell are you doing?!' the doctor roared.

Bree placed her hands on her hips, 'I overheard your friends talking, you were going to let him die! I happen to have a medical degree and happen to have sworn an oath. Clearly you don't take your oath as seriously as I do. So I decided I should do what I have to do.'

The doctor bit on his lower lip as he looked back at the blonde in front of him. 'Well, we changed our mind. And if you don't want to get arrested, I suggest you leave. Now.'

Bree glared at him, wanting nothing more than to rip out his tongue. He wouldn't be able to talk like that ever again. She angrily left the room, but the other man grabbed her arm.

'I'm sorry about how things... went... I'm David and I was wondering... How long are you staying in Storybrooke?'

Bree frowned, 'I'm Brynhilde and I'm not leaving any time soon.'

He seemed to be surprised by her rather rude answer, however she had just heard he was ready to let someone die. So he supposed they were even.

'Alright, well then... Granny's is the only hotel here. Have a nice stay.'

Bree granted him a small smile and was ready to leave when she remembered the guy that was hit by the car. If they were ready to let a stranger die, whom they rushed to as soon as they could at the crash... what would they do to someone they certainly felt a great disliking to?

'Can I see the guy who was hit?' she asked David kindly.

He frowned, he didn't want her anywhere near Hook. But he didn't really have a choice, not after what had just happened.

'Yes of course, fifth door on the right,' he told her while pointing. She followed his directions and sat down next to the bed.

'Aye, my saviour,' he muttered, a smirk plastered on his lips.

Bree smiled looking at her lap, 'Not much, I just called for help.'

'Not talking about that love, you practically risked your life... turning your vehicle and hitting that tree.'

Bree grinned, it was barely risking her life. Worst case scenario, a branch's from the tree would've broken through the window and pierced through her heart. She would have been out for a few minutes and she would've woken up not much later.

'Well, I would love to say I'm a hero. But honestly, I wasn't really thinking and I did the first thing that came to my mind,' she told him.

'What brings you to this town anyway, M'lady?' he asked her.

It had been a long time since anyone had called her that, a hundred years maybe.

'I just needed to get away. I... missed a big chance, so my brother advised me to travel for a bit.'

'And you came here?'

A laugh escaped her lips as she shook her head, 'Not immediately, no.'

'Don't worry, you're gonna like it here. If you're up for a bit for adventure of course,' he told her with another wink and asked, 'So, what's your name love?'

'Brynhilde, but Bree is alright.'

He debated whether he wanted to tell her his real name or not, but he knew he'd piss the heroes even more off if he said it was Hook. And somehow it also felt comfortable telling his real name. 'Well Bree, my name is Killian. See you around.'