Chapter 2 - Green Eyes & Awesome Skittles

I'm back again. This is a bit shorter but I hope you will like it. We meet Alex at least :)

Have fun!

*~*~*~*~*~*

Oh. Wow.

I was momentarily stunned when a gorgeous guy walked into the history classroom. His hair was a mess, like he had run his hands over and over through it. It was something you didn’t see often in LA. All his features were completely straight: high cheek bones, a chiseled jaw and piercing forest green eyes. The only imperfection was the slight bump in his nose, which made him even more attractive.

His body was obviously extremely well built. You could see the definition of his abs slightly through his simple white shirt that was covered by a worn out leather jacket. His jeans hung dangerously low on his hips. And to top it off he was wearing a pair of battered leather Chucks. 

He was perfect. Exactly my type. 

Noëlle stopped my ogling by kicking my leg under the table. “Stop staring.”

I quirked an eyebrow at her, while I kept my eyes on the gorgeous stranger in front of me. Someone like him would never take any interest in someone as plain as me. A girl could dream though and looking at him certainly helped. 

I followed him as he crossed the classroom. As he walked, his eyes suddenly landed on me. His full lips formed a small “O” before they turned into a breathtaking smile. I quirked one corner of my mouth up in return. I noticed his eyes were very kind and open, something that also added to his gorgeousness. 

He kept walking until he stopped beside me. I wondered were he was going to sit since our two seat were taken and the only other open space in this row was next to... Oh shit. 

“Hey, sexy,” I heard Katharina say beside us. 

The guy looked away from me and his voice landed on Katharina. You gotta be kidding me. This was Katharina’s boyfriend?

Of course, I could have known it. Someone as gorgeous as him would only go for a girl as perfect as Katharina.

“Hi, honey,” the boy kissed Katharina sweetly on her cheek before he sat down next to her. Katharina was obviously not satisfied with this. She grabbed his neck and planted her mouth on his. She pulled away and looked at me with a smug look on her face. She had seen me checking her boyfriend out and wanted to mark her territory. It surprised me she hadn’t already pissed on him. 

At that moment the teacher Mr Elbary came walking in, starting the class and effectively interrupting my ogling. He immediately started with his story about the Tudor dynasty. I zoned out, forcing myself not to look at the gorgeous guy beside me. It was quite hard to do. 

At last I couldn’t handle it anymore so I ripped a page out of my notebook and scrabbled something on it. I shoved it to Noëlle who read it. 

Who’s the guy next to Katharina? - Nina

Noëlle frowned beside me. She hesitated for a couple of seconds before she picked up her pen and wrote something under my note. 

That’s Alexander Cavalante or Alex as he likes to be called. He’s Katharina’s boyfriend so don’t try anything with him. That’s not just a suicide attempt, that’s a kamikaze action.  - Noëlle

I scowled at the light threat on the piece of paper. I didn’t like this whole Katharina is amazing and don’t mess with her stuff. I was the one who decided what I wanted to do and no one else. 

I wrote a couple of answers but all of them were offensive and rude so I decided not give her another note. This wasn’t Noëlle’s fault, she was just a puppet of Katharina.

I decided to listen to teacher to keep myself from looking at Alex. I didn’t want to give Katharina the satisfaction. It would only boast her enormous ego if she knew she had something that I wanted. 

While Mr Elbary was talking about Jane Seymour, I grabbed the large bag of Skittles that was hidden in my bag. One thing probably everyone who knew me knew, was that I had an extreme Skittle addiction.

I opened the bag, trying to be as quiet as possible. When I finally succeeded without being noticed I wanted to pump my fist in the air. I didn’t though and just grabbed a handful of Skittles, also offering Noëlle some who declined. 

When I popped the first piece of candy in my mouth, I heard a quiet snicker beside me. Looking up, I saw Alex looking at me. He was holding his hand in front of his mouth as he was laughing at my attempt to eat the candy.

I playfully scowled at him, placing my finger in front of my lips to tell him to be quiet. He raised one eyebrow at me and pointed at the Skittles in my hand. At first I didn’t understand him but after a minute I figured out that he wanted some Skittles in return for being quiet. 

An idea grew in my mind and I smirked, motioning for him to open his mouth which he did with a questioning look on his face. I was walking on dangerous waters here but I was willing to take the risk. Katharina was so busy with inspecting her lips that she hadn’t noticed her boyfriend interacting with me yet. Noëlle had noticed, though and she had given me a shove to quit it. I ignored her though. 

With one last look at Mr Elbary, I threw one Skittle towards Alex’ mouth. He hadn’t expected it so it bounced off of his nose in his lap. With a quiet chuckle, he picked it up and popped it in his mouth. Within a second he had his mouth opened again. 

This time he skillfully caught the candy out of the air. I clapped without sound in my hands and he bowed slightly in return which made me smile. 

We continued this for a couple of minutes before Katharina noticed. She shot me a furious look but didn’t say anything to Alex. I just smiled victoriously at her and winked. Thankfully, Alex didn’t notice. 

I thought it was better not to push Katharina’s buttons anymore so I threw one last Skittle at Alex before I turned back around and focused on Mr Elbary. 

The rest of the lesson went by very quickly and before I knew it the bell rang.

I grabbed all of my things and stowed them into my bag. I was in such a hurry that I accidentally pushed one of my books of the table. 

Before I could even bow to pick it up, it was already placed on my table. It was Alex. 

“Thanks,” I murmered. 

He smiled a dazzling smile at me. “No problem, Skittles.”

And with that he walked out of the classroom, leaving me staring at his retreating back. 

At that moment I decided that Skittles were the best candy in the world.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

So, what did you think of Alex and the awesome Skittles. Let me know what you think.

Love  you all, 

Bella