Chapter 27

Thor's POV

I climbed off the horse and Celaena silently followed me. I caught her around her waist when she slipped off the stirrups obviously tired. I looked to where my father stood his gaze taking in my bloodied wrists and Celaena's pale face ,which was covered in dark blue blood of the giants.

Keeping, one arm around her waist I guided her left arm around my neck so it was easier for me to hold up her weak frame. I cast her a worried glance and walked slowly towards my father. He was there in his golden armour with his eye patch covering the eyes that was lost long ago. His snowy white hair was being blown around by the slight breeze. His one eye cast a worried glance at both me and Celaena. When we reached him he gestured for me to follow.

He led us through the winding corridors leading us to my chambers. Before we reached the door we passed a maid scurrying around my father stopped her and murmured something that I could not hear. Opening, the door I slipped in behind him and walked quickly to my bed placing Celaena there softly. Her eyes were slightly closed only a slit in which I could see her glowing sapphire eyes.

"Are you ok?" I asked softly.

"Just had a tad to much excitement for one night or maybe it's due to the fact that I took out a few giants" she said sarcastically.

I smiled and shook my head even when she was tired she was able to be humorous. She shifted slightly and sat up.

"Your majesty" she nodded to where my father stood.

"Where may I ask were you?" Odin's asked.

"Father, Flareos captured me in order for him to get to Celaena when she got there he offered Celaena a choice to join his army. Celaena injured him." I explained.

"I see the war is beginning sooner."

"Yes father"

Odin nodded thoughtfully. The door behind him opened. My mother entered a robe around her we had obviously awakened her. She looked over to where me and Celaena sat and walked over to Celaena. She held her hand over Celaena's head and murmured words her hands glowed and when she pulled away Celaena sat up taller obviously feeling better. Then my mother came over to me and did the same to my wrists.

She stood and looked at us both "You need rest the war is just around the horizon I believe a day after tomorrow is the day of the battle"

My father nodded obviously deep in thought "Celaena you must be careful I understand your emotions are strong sometimes stronger than your will. But we can not risk your anger in a battle field."

"Yes but have you not noticed that my anger got me and Thor back here safely. I know how to control myself I won't be killing men from my own army." Celaena spat.

My father said nothing and just walked away out of my chambers. My mother smiled at us warmly and followed him out. When they were gone Celaena shifted slightly and stood heading out of my door "Celaena, wait."

"I'll be back just let me change" she whispered.

I nodded and stood I went to the bathing chamber and washed once done I changed into different slack and a loose fitting shirt. The door opened and Celaena stepped in wearing shorts and a shirt.

--------------------------------

Celaena's POV

I felt like my mind and body were floating in a different place even after Frigga healed me I still felt like collapsing. I had changed and I was heading back to Thor's room. I needed to apologise to him. I missed him and I hate to admit it I never needed anyone, but now I feel as if I can't live without him.

I walked into his room and he was standing near his bed with a different shirt and slacks from what he was wearing before. I looked at him taking in his tall frame and golden hair. I walked to the bed and sat he followed me and sat near me our legs touching.

I took a deep breath "I'm sorry" he was about to interrupt but I continued "I should have listened to you but I was rash. I should have known you would not do something like after all you are the prince you would keep to your word. I just have experienced, death after death of people that I care about. And loosing you it felt like someone killed you the image of you that I love died-"

Before I could finish he turned and pressed his lips against mine. I turned slightly and he pulled me by the waist and I pressed closer to him. His lips were warm and soft whilst his jaw was rough with slight stubble. He pulled away slightly.

"I will always love you Celaena just never forget that"

With that he crashed his lips against mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck he turned so I was laying on the bed under him. His hand caressed my side and his tongue licked my lips begging for entrance, I granted. His warm tongue explored my mouth causing me to moan. I tugged his hair and he in return moaned against my mouth.

He pulled away and kissed my neck and my jaw down to my collar bone. He returned to my lips and we continued to kiss each other heatedly. My hand slid under his shirt up his chest over the ripple of his stomach. He shivered at my touch and proceeded to rip his shirt over his his head. I ran my hand down his toned back and pulled I him closer to me. His hand slid under my shirt down my sides.

He pulled away suddenly and looked at me and then leaned his forehead against mine. We laid there like for a while our breaths mingling with each other's. He then sat up and slid me under the covers and then he wrapped his arms around me I laid my head on his bare chest.

"I love you" he whispered.

"And I love you"

I looked at him and saw him smile. "You know you didn't need to apologise for what you did. I understand, I would have reacted the same way if I had seen you kissing another man." Thor said.

I nodded "I will never leave you Thor"

"I know" he smiled "you know one night long ago I had a dream. You were there and seemed like it was later into the future, I was king and you were my bride and we were happy. I want that dream to be a reality Celaena I want you to be there with me when I do become king I want you to be my queen."

"And when the time comes I will be ,I promise" I smiled.

We lay there like that for what seemed like forever his breathing had become steady and he was asleep. I laid there thinking about what was to come. I wanted to make sure he survived that his men would not suffer too much. I knew that the war may be my end but I did not want him to think that. I did not want him to feel the pain of a lose again. That's why I will try to survive this battle. Not for me but for him.