Sometimes Change is for the Better. Chapter Two.

Chapter Two.

We drove, then, if you couldnt guess, we drove even more. Somewhere along the way I must've fallen asleep, because before I knew it I was being shaken awake by the chauffeur. We were parked infront of a quaint house that wasnt too big, but it wasnt small either. I was painted white with a grey door and cream colored shutters. I stood up straighter and brushed off and straighted out my outfit, I had to look good. First impressions do have an impact. I thought bitterly. Here goes nothing, I thought walking up the few steps to the door. I knocked three times rapidly and heard the faint sounds of yelling and footsteps, then the door was yanked open to reveal a middle aged man with full black hair a happy smile and bright eyes. "You must be Alexandra." He said, it wasnt a question but a statment. I nodded.

"And you're William?" I questioned.

"Yes, in fact I am," he chuckled. "I assume your drive was well?"

"Yes it was pleasant, though I was asleep for most of it." I replied smiling. He chuckled again.

"My son is away at the moment, at a friends, but he will be back for dinner. Would you like to see the room you will be staying in?"

"Yes, please." I replied grabbing two of my bags, which the chauffeur had set just in the door, hmm. Looks like he left, fine by me. William grabbed the other three bags i had left, how he managed that I do not know, and led me up the stairs to a door. Pausing he gestured for me to open it.

"This is the guest bedroom, I hope you like it." William said with a smile. It was a fairly big bedroom, I assumed for a normal family. Nothing like mine of course, but it would do. "I'll leave you to get settled, and with that he turned and walked out shutting the door behind him. I noticed two other doors besides the one I came in, curious, I decided to explore. I opened the first door and saw that it was a walk-in closet with shelving and a place to hang my dresses and a full length mirror. The works. In the next door was a bathroom., with blue walls and grey tile, it had a stand-up shower as well as a bath tub, and naturally a toilet and a sink and mirror. I walked out of the bathroom and started to un-pack. Starting with all of my clothes I used the hangers i found already in the closet figuring they were there for me to use and hung up all of my dresses, organizing them by color, then the same with my shirts and blouses, then the same with my bottoms. Finally my shoes on the floor, organized by what they are, you know, boots with boots, heels with heels, flats with flats, excetra. I was just setting down my last pair of heels when I heard a knock on my door. "Coming." I called. I rushed to the door and twisted the handle, opening it with caution. I'd had enough surprises today, one, which was definitly enough. Standing there in shock it was all I could do to not let my mouth hang open. Wow. Was all I could think. Holy crow, there stood a gorgeous young man in front of me, he had black hair that swooped down infront of his forehead almost getting into his deep green eyes, he had a straight nose and a set of full luscious lips that almost looked girly but somehow definitly didn't. And his body well wow again, he had some definite muscles, with such sculpted arms and, woah. You dont even know dont be getting thoughts like this, the one side of my brain yelled. Why not, the other side screamed back, do you not see him!? It was then that I realized I was just standing there staring at him and he was giving me this look as to say, 'are you alright?' I had to snap out of it. "Y-yeah?" I stutter, shoot!

"Dinners ready." He said, still giving me that look. I followed him down the stairs and to the kitchen, seeing as I didn't know where it is.

"Ahh, I see you've met Greyson!" William said, enthusiasticaly. I nodded. Whilst Greyson looked indifferent. William still nodding, said "Well, come on then get some food." Whilst getting out three plates and filling one up with macaroni and cheese and walking round to the dinner table. I rushed forwards and grabbed a plate of my own, what do I use, I thought, I'd never done this before, getting my own food. But it cant be that hard. I noticed Greyson looking at me weird, again so, I grabbed that spoon that was in this casserole dish and put some of the delicious looking food onto my plate, there see you could do it. But, just as I went for another scoop, it dropped everywhere. My eyes went wide, "shoot" I muttered and dived down to pick it up with a napkin. I stood up, flushing a deep red as I noticed Greyson still looking at me with one eyebrow raised and an amused expression. I glared at him, and went to the table. Once Greyson had got his food, the questions began. "So, Alexandra, how old are you now?" William asked.

"Seventeen." I replied politely.

"Are you excited to start, high school."

"Oh, very much." I replied this time with heavy sarcasm. William nodded slowly, looking a little taken aback. Though Greyson gave me a knowing look. God he already annoys me! One minute he was looking at me like I was a freak then the next practically teasing me now looking at me as though were friends!

The rest of dinner was pretty silent, besides the random question fired at me from William. "May I be excused?" I asked as soon as I was done my food.

"Yes, my dear, just put your plate in the sink. I nodded and complied, rushing out of the kitchen and going straight to my room to finish unpacking, yes, yes, I'm a neat-freak. I know. There was a desk on the left wall opposite the bed. And on the far wall was on of those window seats where the window is pushed out and theres a little bench for you to sit in and look out the window. I put my laptop and I-pod dock on the desk and put my chargers in one of the drawers, I noticed that there was a stack of notebooks and texts with a sticky-not on top saying these are what I needed for school, hmm, how sweet, I must remember to thank William later. It was getting late and I was beggining to feel drowsy so I decided to head to bed, I did have a big day tomorrow. I changed into my pyjamas and crawled into bed and next thing I knew, I was asleep. That was when the nightmares started.

~~

I was walking through a barren field when I heard screams and shouts and the sound of thousands of feet and hooves pounding against the ground. I ran towards the noise, not know what else to do. My curiosity getting the better of me, but this was not the right place to be, it never was. I saw the faces of men that I knew, lay bloodied upon the ground, swords and shields thrown upon the ground. Looking around I knew that I had to make sure none of the alive saw me, while the dead lay staring, forever unseeing. I hid behinds the trees of the sudden forest where the battle took place, still searching for him. I had to know he was alright. I ran carefully through the forest, careful not to get myself killed. I would be no use to him dead. Little did he know I had a sword hidden in my white gown. It was then that I heard him cry out to retreat and saw hundreds of men running back towards the edge of the forest where I had entered. But I had not seen him exit and I would find him, I would not leave him alone in this hell. II ran towards his voice and soon enough found him, he was enfulged in a battle and I was about to help him win. I started toward his opponent my sword drew in my hands, when my brother screamed out "NO!" That was the moments hesitations the other man needed to plunge his sword into my brothers heart. The blood splattered on me, staining my white gown, that I had come to rescue him in. Then his opponent started towards me. I screamed for help but they had all gone back. And with that I lay upon the floor next my brother, forever unseeing.

~~

I awoke screaming, sitting myself upright and in a cold sweat. My chest heaving, until I jumped at a know on my door. It opened before I could say anything to reveal a very tired looking Greyson, I glanced at the clock, no wonder I though, it was two in the morning. "Are you alright?" He asked sounding panicked.

"F-f-fine." I squeaked. "N-nightmare."

"You sure?" He asked, "you were screaming bloody murder." I nodded, but then was confused, why hadnt William woken? He seemed to understand my expression, "My dad can sleep through anything."

"Oh." I replied.

"Well, uh, goodnight." He said making to shut my door.

"No! Dont leave, I dont want to be alone." I said quickly. Greyson nodded seeming to understand.

"Move over." He said.

"What?" I was shocked.

He lifted up the sheet and crawled in next to me. Hugging me as he did so. "Im not going to do anything, you can relax." I unstiffened a little. "Im just staying till you fall asleep." I nodded again. And this time when I fell asleep, I fell asleep feeling safe in Greysons strong arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

COMMENT!!

VOTE!!

FAN!!

:D

~ xoxo echosintheforest. <3