Sometimes Change is for the Better. Chapter One.

//: Heres my new story, I hope you guys like it! :)

Troubles of a New Age Princess.

Chapter One.

"Alexandra! ALEXANDRA!" I awoke to the sound of banging on my bedroom door, sighing I

rolled off my canopy bed and rushed to the double doors of my bedroom. "Yes?!" I snapped

opening the doors.

"Your mother and father would like you down for breakfast in the dinning hall quickly,

and wear something presentable." Esmeralda, my coach/maid/caretaker snapped back.

"Yes, Esmeralda." I sighed and shut the door to my bedroom. I turned and walked straight into my walk-in closet only to pull out my favorite green cotton, sleveless dress with a cinched waist, that went down to about my knees. This was the only dress I had that made the green tints pop out in my big, electric blue eyes even more agaisnt my long dark red hair. I stepped out of the closet and took my hairbrush from the top of my vanity dresser. I paced as I brushed my hair infront of the window, looking out I saw the whole kingdom outside the castle walls.Yes, thats right. I'm a princess. The princess of Mesameen to be exact.//:;AN: I made the country up if you hadn't guessed;:// Not a very big country, but very beautiful. We are located along the eastern border of England and have a very small population.

My parents, I remembered and rushed out of my room, through the dining hall, curtseying as soon as I saw my parents, the king and queen. "Good morning, Alexandra." Said my father, whilst my mother, smiling, nodded at his side.

"Good morning, father, mother." I replied smiling and nodding at each of them. I sat down across from my mother and started nibbling at the fruit that was just set infront of me, honeydew, my favorite.

When I was finished with my breakfast the reason they had called me down had still not come up. Just small talk like 'how was you sleep?' and ' any dreams?' URHG! I wish they'd just say it already! " May I be excused?" I asked.

"Not quite yet, Lexi." My father said, smiling as he used my old nickname and I smiled with him.

"What is it father?" I asked.

"Well, Alexandra," Oh God this cant be good. "You see, you mother and I think that seeing as your going to rule one day you need to see more of the world. You really haven't seen much outside these castle walls."

"Im afraid I dont understand what you mean. Ive seen the whole kingdom I know what Im going to rule." I said my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Honey were your going to go to a public high school." My mother said.

I spit out he water I was drinking at that moment. "WHAT!?" I screeched choking. "In Mesameen, right?" My mother and father looked at eachother. "In Mesameen, RIGHT?!" I asked again.

"No, in London." My mother replied.

"Your sending me to a public school in London?" I asked incredulously. They cant be serious. "Thats ten hours away! Im not staying in the castle?! Where am I going to live!?"

"No your not, but you will be staying with a veyr close family friend. You've met him once before but I doubt you'll remember, you were very young. His name is William, and I beleive he has one son named, Greyson." My father replied. Theyre serious.

"But father I-" I began.

"No buts Alexandra, you are going and thats final now go and pack your things, you will be coming back for the holidays and the anuall ball, you leave tonight." My father said raising his voice and speaking in a tone of finality.

I sighed loudly turning on my heel and marching to the big oak doors and slamming them open with both my hands, I ran up the stairs and through the corridors as fast as I could getting glares from some of the elders. I didnt stop running until I reached my bedroom doors, there I pushed the door open quickly and slipped inside and slammed the door shut just as fast. Walking over to my bed I threw myself down upon it and layed in a sort of spread-eagle position. They cant send me to London! I thought, Im their only daughter, the heir to the throne of Mesameen! How can they, my own parents send me away to live with people I dont know!?

Sighing I got up, deciding to just give up and go to London. So, I started packing, first I packed my make-up and hair things then with a little room left in that suitcase i packed in my electronics: laptop, ipod, ipod dock and all the chargers. Then in the next one went all of my shirts and blouses, in the next bottoms and finally, shoes! You gotta have shoes! I ended up with five suitcases and one carry-on bag.

I pulled my long black hair up into a messy ponytail and headed down to the kitchens for dinner, my stomach my grumbling like crazy! "Hey Gabe." I said walking into the kitchen. Gabe was the head chef here at the castle and one of the best chefs in Europe, he was however also my best friends, and only three years older than my seventeen.

"Hey Lexi." Gabe replied easily. I sat down in one of the stools around the island and put my head in my hands. "Watch this for me." I heard Gabe say to the su chef. "Whats wrong kiddo?" He asked. Looking up I said, "my parents." and told him the whole story, form how I woke up to their lame excuse at sending me away, to my packing. When that was all done and over with Gabe looked up at me with sad, sympathetic eyes.

"Thats harsh. Im really going to miss you and your craziness. When do you leave?" He asked.

"Tonight." I replied gloomily. Gabe sighed and walked away. "Where are you going?" I asked shocked.

"Im making you your favorite dinner. Chicken strips and fries." Gabe replied with a smile and a wink. As Gabe cooked we laughed and talked and sang, just like always, and when my food was ready, it was fantastic! No surprises there.

"Mmmmm..." I said with a mouth ful l of chicken. "Iwshh shwooo gohhh.." Gabe laughed.

"How bout you compliment me on my excellent skills after you finish?" I just nodded. That was when I heard Esmeralda calling me. Mental sigh. I shoved the last chicken finger in my mouth.

"Bye Gabe." I said running and hugging him. "Im going to miss you." I mumbled into his chest.

"Bye kiddo." He said hugging me back. I felt my throat close and my eyes startin stinging, but pushed back the tears there would be time to cry in the car. I pulled away and ran to the stairs, pausing on the first step to wave at Gabe before continuing up the stairs.

"Yes?" I called.

"Where were you?" Esmeralda snapped. Without waiting for an answer she continued, " your car is here and you things are in it. Your parents are down there to say goodbye, lets go." She said grabbing my arm and trying to pull me along.

"I can walk by myself, thankyou." I snapped at the old hag, and rushed towards my parents to say goodbye and hug them. The chauffeur opened the door soonafter the goodbyes were said and I took that as my que to leave. I got in the car and the chauffeur slammed it shut as soon as I had, I winced at the sound. God, wonder whats up his butt? I looked out the window and waved at everyone, even Gabe who was waving through the kitchen window, even though I knew they couldnt see me. As soon as we were outside the caslte walls the tears started to fall. London, I sighed, here I come.