rosé

the adjoining neighbourhoods of tribeca and soho encompass the area from ground zero north to houston street and east from the hudson river to broadway. tribeca feels more residential, its streets populated by stylish moms and their hip tots, as well as the occasional celebrity. soho is also the haunt of young and fashionable hollywood types, with rents that have now eclipsed the west village, though the focus here is on dining and shopping. by day a place to buy khakis, by night the neighbourhood is a playground for gangs of well-groomed bistro and bar goers.

perhaps the subway adjoining the two rival towns had become a place of refuge for those who chose neither. those wanting nothing more than to avoid trendy trousers and ominous party anthems. jeongguk squeezed himself into this bracket as one of the anti-social many who chose to hop on the subway back to his bed, albeit in a tailor-made suit, his wealth showing through his humility. he sighed happily, and brushed his nose sweetly as he heard only the faint thump of a bass track, opposed to feeling the music in his eardrum and the sweaty bodies grinding against his. nope. parties were not jeongguk's thing. 

all of a sudden, a slightly scruffy but smiling older boy approached.

"frustrating right?" he asked.

jeongguk nodded. jungkook presumed the other person must has taken his head movement as a sign of friendship, as he proceeded to pull out a louis vuitton wallet stuffed with various foreign currencies. this other boy had really plump lips. his tongue flicked over them. his skin looked soft too. maybe he used shea butter just like jungkook did and-

"do you think this is real?" he asked, "either the currency or the wallet?"

he shrugged.

the man proceeded to pull out an iphone x.

"okay well, do you know how to jailbreak a locked phone?"

okay now jeongguk needed to know. he pressed, "i don't, but I'm curious...where did you find these things?"

the man smirked, "i found them in the street."

jeongguk wasn't convinced.

"don't you believe me?" the boy laughed, face lighting up, "I'm taehyung."

he held out a hand which jungkook shook. it was honey-coloured, soft and jungkook shivered as he watched taehyung curl and uncurl their fingers, tracing a finger up a vein on the underside of jeongguk's wrist in a way that was so terribly intimate it made jeongguk want to cry. taehyung himself seemed surprised by his own action, and quickly recoiled.

"jeongguk," he replied. his eyes couldn't help but linger on the boy before him, and he wasn't shy to admit that he was quite nice to look at. 

a sequence of finger brushing and light conversation occurred. more than small talk though. medium talk. yeah, they exchanged medium talk and jungkook stared a lot and blushed at nothing and thought about where taehyung -the possible criminal- had indented his wrist with the nub of his forefinger and how small the action was in comparison to his reaction. yeah. he was just overreacting at nothing. yeah. he likes girls. especially that one girl from sunday school. what's her name? rachel? yeah she's pretty, jungkook supposes, almost as pretty as taehy-

"the train's here," he says simply, tugging jungkook in by his wrist. a simple "oh" fell from jeongguk's lips as he found himself pressed flush against taehyung's chest, the retro illumination of the subway train complementing his café au lait skin colouring, the little hoop hooked through his lip glinting in the gleam. this was nicer than all the body touching at the sweaty parties he was used to being dragged to.

"well aren't you charming?" taehyung muttered, fiddling with jeongguk's tie, increasing the proximinity.

"wha-what?" jeongguk blushed, ducking his head down, which only made it so he was breathing onto taehyung's neck, and could simultaneously feel taehyung's breath on his neck. god. this was....this was nice. so, so nice.