"Please, wake up! You are in a dream!" she pleaded once more, her voice louder, but he still stayed in the same state she found him. Haifa took hold of his cold, shaking hand with both of hers trying, to bring back the warmth in them using hers. They were rough and calloused against her smooth skin.

His rambling only made her more frightened. A tear broke loose from his lids, and Haifa had to control her own from spilling. Wiping away the trail it left, she cupped his cheek and dabbed at the sweat with her sleeve but he still didn't wake up. As she listened closer, Haifa could just about make out his words.

Junayd.

Remembering what her mother used to do whenever she was in this state, Haifa brought his hand closer to her and kissed his knuckle, before closing her eyes and reciting Ayatul-Kursi with all her might, hoping the supplication would pull him out of the nightmare.

The Prince finally pried his eyes open and left the trance, heaving for air. He couldn't see, as if his eyes were still clouded in darkness, and he started panicking.

"Abbas!" came a woman's cry, and slowly the black faded, allowing a dim light to enter his vision. The dark ceiling became visible, and Abbas followed the direction of the light, his eyes landing on a woman with glassy eyes. He was back, in his room, with Haifa.

He felt the warmth of her hands embracing his.

"You're awake," she smiled, her voice trembling with emotion. Abbas sat up, using his free hand, and pulled the other away from her grasp.

Ignoring the flicker of pain from his actions, Haifa watched him as he used the back of his hand to wipe the sweat on his neck.

His cold eyes flickered in her direction for a second before momentarily shutting them, only to witness the red of blood, cloud his mind. The Prince let his hands drop beside him, staring down at the blanket over his legs, with creased brows. He couldn't look at her, feeling embarrassed that she witnessed him in his weakest state.

Haifa remained silent. She blinked away the tears, allowing for the stillness to calm him. Just as she was about to reach for his hand, Abbas pulled back, giving her confused looks before scrambling off the bed. She watched as he stumbled to the bathing room, leaving the door wide open.

She followed after him, peering inside to see him splashing water over his face and neck.

"You had a nightmare," she said, from where she stood at the entrance. "I was so scared you would never be able to wake up from it,"

"I'm fine," he muttered, drying himself with the towel. "Has the Fajr Adhan gone yet?"

Haifa stepped aside to let him exit. "No, it hasn't,"

He started searching for a prayer mat, and Haifa spotted it before he did, snatching it in her hands. Abbas noticed her take it and glanced at her before his gaze fixed on the carpet. He trudged over to her, expecting her to hand it when he got closer, but she didn't. Instead, Haifa hid it behind her back, with a frown on her face. 

After seeing her do so, Abbas sighed and held his hand out.

"Can I have the prayer mat please?"

"No," she replied, and he finally looked her in the eyes with the most annoying stare she had ever seen. But she tried to remain unfazed, giving him the same glare back.

"Why are you doing this?" Abbas growled, trying to keep his anger down.

"I should be asking you that,"

Haifa folded her arms and tried so very hard not to just hand over the mat, with the look he was giving her. "Do you know how scared I was? You were so absorbed in your nightmare that I was afraid you would never wake up,"