chapter seventeen

song for chapter: can we kiss forever?- kina

|thursday|
malia's pov

a random girl came up to grayson and hugged him as i stood next to ethan.

who the hell is she?

"just come over at five and we can talk about it," i could hear her whisper into grayson's ear.

my eyebrows furrowed at who the fuck does she think she is.

"okay. bye," grayson sent a smile as she walked away.

"who was that?" i asked grayson with my eyebrows furrowed once the girl got far enough.

"that's my middle school best friend. we drifted apart but two night ago, she texted me she wanted to be friends again," he shrugged like it wasn't a big deal.

i wanna know what her name is you dumb ho-

"oh," is all i could get out of my mouth. "then why is she coming over to your place?" i blurted out.

"she asked me if i could help her out with her homework that she's struggling with," he smiled as he clearly doesn't get the message that i'm annoyed.

"k," i said as i started to walk away without saying goodbye.

i could tell there was a silent pause in the group until i got far enough.

i walked towards my friends and everyone was already there, including nicole.

"heyyy," nicole smiled.
"hi," i smiled back.

"how are you?" she asked me as she crossed her arms around her textbooks.
i shrugged, "pretty okay."

"i have to go to class since the teachers wants to talk to me. i'll see you guys later," daniela waved as she walked away.

"okay. bye," thomas waved.
"did you do your homework last night?" tyler asked me.

i smiled, "yeah. i did. thanks for helping me." i referred to how he sent me his notes so i could ace my homework.

"yeah. of course. no problem," he smiled.

i looked at myself in the mirror and rinsed some water on my hand to fix my hair.

then a random girl came in the bathroom and stood next to me; the sink right besides mine.

"you're malia," she smiled receiving my full attention.

i looked over at her and it was the girl from this morning.

"yes indeed i am," i fake smiled, not really enjoying her presence as much.

i don't like this bitch.
she hummed for a quick second then started to brush her hair with her hand.

"why grayson?" she asked me unexpectedly.

i looked at her confusingly, "what do you mean?"

"like why did you chose to date him dummy," she laughed lightly; obviously a fake laugh, trying to make it sound like i was actually dumb.

i scoffed, "because i can?"

"if you say so," she grinned as she started to fix her mascara.

"who are you?" i blurted out, having that question in my mind almost the whole day.
"my name is brooke," she smiled.

brooke.

"k," i said annoyingly as i started to walk out of the bathroom.

i barely just met her and i'm already not liking her.