chapter nine

song for chapter: ball for me- post malone (ft. nicki minaj)

|monday|
malia's pov

"i didn't know he was actually coming back," i sigh deeply as i shut my locker, frustrated at the thought.

"i thought he was dead," daniela said it more as a joke.

i let out a chuckle. "well. i guess now i'm going to have to deal with him sometime around the year," i rolled my eyes to myself.

"if anything happens, you tell me so i can beat his ass," daniela smiled innocently.

i nodded my head like it was a good plan, "alright."

we started to go our separate ways and i headed towards my classroom down the hall.

i felt another body bump into me as i snapped out of my thoughts.

"shit, sorry," i apologized to the person without even realizing who it was to begin with.

"what a great way to see each other again."

i looked up and saw dylan in my appearance just right in front of my classroom.

"dylan," i mumbled quietly, more angrily.

"yes indeed," he smiled.
i scoffed as i tried to walk pass him; into my classroom.

"hey. you have his class too?" he asked me as he stopped me from walking.

oh no.

"yeah?" i gave him attitude.
"sick, we have a class together," he grinned.

i rolled my eyes and walked into my class as he followed behind me.

you literally have to be fucking kidding me.

i sat down in my assigned seat in the back of the room.
fuck, lauren isn't here today.

she's my only friend in this class.
turns out she doesn't have any friends in this class too so it works out perfectly for us to be friends.

she sits right next to me since these are science tables.

dylan sat down by himself at the empty table in the corner.

of course, lauren has to be gone when dylan is here.

"okay. get settled class," the teacher walked into the classroom with a packet of papers in his hands when the bell ran.

we all sat down and prepared ourselves for class to begin.

"so we are starting a partner project about weather," he started to talk as he placed the stack of papers on his desk. "as you all know, there are many weathers, we have thunderstorm, tornadoes, hurricane..."

my phone rang as i looked down to check the notification.

11:16a.m
tyler: is dylan back

11:17a.m
me: yeah. how did you know?

11:19a.m
tyler: people talk.

11:20a.m
me: damn

11:21a.m
tyler: he came back to mess around.

11:22a.m
me: of course he would.

"okay so over the weekend, i spent time setting up partners for each project," the teacher said as he went inside his drawer.

i swear to god...

"okay. here are the partners," the teacher cleared his throat as he was about to call out names together.