Chapter 13: Let's be strangers..

Start from the beginning

“Ah, thanks.” I paused. He even do that for me? “Anyway, how did you know where I work? I didn't tell you where I work before.”

“I asked Kai. I even told Kai to visit you here but looks like he doesn't want to.” He sighed, after. “What's happening between you, guys? Did you fight again?”

I shook my head as an answer. “This is nothing, Lay. Don't mind us. Maybe a little misunderstanding? I don't know but I think we don't want to see each other just yet.” I answered, as I continue to stuff the strawberries in my mouth.

“Hey! Be careful. Eat slowly, will you?” He said, calmly as he held my hand, stopping me to eat another strawberry. “Look at you. You look like a puffer fish.” He teased me, laughing a bit. My eyes landed where his hand is and it's holding my hand. I felt my cheeks so hot as I felt his soft warm hands and as he noticed me, looking at our hands together and me, blushing, he squeezed my hand more and smiled to me, showing off his adorable dimple again.

Geez! This guy's just teasing me! I quickly pulled away my hand from his and looked at the other way.

“Don't t-tease me like that, Lay. It's not funny..” I said, almost whispering.

“I'm not teasing you. I just wanna hold your hand tightly.” He said, shooting me another smile.

I just looked at him and didn't bother smiling. Oh, Lay.. I wonder what you think of me?

Kai's P.O.V.

“So, Kai. Did you like the movie we watched?” Sophie asked enthusiastically, as we headed outside the cinema.

I smiled and answered a simple “Of course.” to her, which is a freaking lie. *sigh* I just hated how boring that romantic movie we watched a while ago. All I did was just sleep and I think she didn't even notice I was asleep in the entire movie because she was too focused watching that boring movie.

“Tsk. Liar. You didn't even watch a single scene, Kai. You didn't even know what's the name of the main actor there. You just slept.” She said, purring her lips and folded her hands under her chest as we proceeded walking alongside each other. Aish! How does she even know every little thing I do?

I rubbed the nape of my neck as I speak. “Ehh, I'm sorry, Sophie. It's just, you know how I hate romantic movies. Have you forgot?”

She looked at me, biting her lip. “R-Really? I didn't know.” She said, almost whispering. She forgot? That's so unlike her. I guess having a long distance relationship made an impact to the both of us that even the smallest things were forgotten. “Hmm, still! You slept in the entire movie so I have a punishment for you?”

“Punishment?” I repeated.

“Yup. Lay oppa told me that you and Jaerim have an arguement. That's what he think, at least and Jaerim's your only friend, Kai. You should have at least be nice to her.. So we have to go visit her in the hospital, right now. Let's go!” She said, continuously as she quickly dragged me out of the mall, where the cinema is.

Aish! Out of all the punishment, why does it have to be where Jaerim is? Shiiiit!

-------------

Arriving at the hospital after 20 minutes, Sophie's still dragging me until the entrance of the hospital. Without any asking any nurses or doctors, she just continued to drag me inside the elevator and pressed the button which writes ‘2’ that means 2rd floor, obviously.

As the elevator made a ‘Ting’ sound, it automatically opened and she proceeded dragging me until we stopped in front of the room which has a ‘702’ attached on the door. She slowly turned the knob and pushed open the door slowly. We entered the room and I saw Lay hyung sitting next to Jaerim on the same bed as well, they were talking to each other comfortably and I saw a tinge of pink on Jaerim's face as she just stared at Lay hyung's face.