♔ xviii. This alone is enough.

Start from the beginning

"You did mention going to the grocery with Jimin hyung and meeting Seulgi sunbaenim by coincidence, right?" Eunwoo asked, finally letting the group hear his voice. Jungkook only nodded in reply.

"I'm guessing Yeri was also there."

"Yup."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Jimin stared at her and blinked, confused at what she had just said. 'Please don't be mad at me.' He wondered if she was messing with him. Thoughts clouded his mind– of all people, why would he be mad at her?

"I'm sorry, I don't quite understand."

"Oh, uhm–" now it was her turn to be confused. Seulgi looked at the ground thoughtlessly. "I was thinking that you're upset because I caused a scene and also troubled everyone earlier."

Oh, so that's what she meant. "And... and I haven't seen your smile since we got here." She added, a little downhearted which of course, tugged at his heartstrings looking at her puppy like expression. Jimin couldn't help but to let out a soft chuckle and gave her head a soft pat.

"I wasn't angry, though. I'm sorry for making you misunderstand, but I wasn't angry. I was just–" he paused, looked at her leg that was now bandaged up and added, "I was just worried."

"That's why-" Seulgi squeezed her eyes shut as her cheeks were being pinched. "Be mindful of your surroundings." Or else I'll be worried the whole trip and might just tie our hands together the whole time. He thought but of course hid that mischievous inner thought with a gentle smile.

There it was. The smile that she was unconsciously longing for. And suddenly, everything was better now.

•••

Mountain biking was a piece of cake for Seulgi. Soon enough they were at their destination. In the brilliant sunshine the lake was a perfect mirror for the trees that surrounded it. From above that watery world was so clear and perfect it could be another dimension, waiting for someone to dare enter it.

After they had parked their bikes on one area, each and one of them went about their business, some taking pictures and some just simply taking in the environment. Enjoying the peace from nature they rarely ever experience.

"Wow." Wendy whispered to herself. "This place is beautiful. Look at the lake, it's so still." She said to no one in particular but the other three nodded in agreement.

"Alright, you two." Taehyung clapped before gently pushing both Wendy and Seulgi in position by the lake. "Let me see those pretty smiles ~" He cheekily added and raised up his camera. The two girls immediately understood and did as told. And with a light snap of the shutter, the picture was taken.

Tilting towards the boy beside him, Taehyung grinned. "Don't worry, I'll send you the copy." And gave Jimin a playful wink which only earned him a soft punch in the arm.

"Okay! So I see kayaks, canoe boats and paddle boats. Which one do you guys want to do first?" Wendy excitedly chirp. The other groups had already chosen their group activity and most of them found it convenient to ride the paddle boat for their first group activity.

"Why don't we ride in pairs?" Taehyung suggested.

Jimin eyed the water rides. "The kayaks are available for two. So," He turned to the three of them. "Who goes with who?" He asked which earned him looks as if asking if he's really slow or just plain stupid. Seulgi only watched the interaction in amusement.