6.

I rolled my neck, hearing the satisfying pops before bringing it center and staring at my screen again.
To the best of my ability, I've been keeping mainly to myself, really putting my all into work, and getting ready for law school.
I've been looking into apartments near campus, and checking out student forums, looking for people who need roommates...
The last week has been- normal? I haven't left the house much since Thursday, only work and the occasional late night CVS run, thankfully no run ins since, it's been what I mainly expected this summer to be. And when I arrived last week I didn't think I would be jumping in head first to the past...
"Mi."
"Whats up, J?" I asked, looking up from my laptop.
"Wanna go to a party tonight?" He stood, hanging from the kitchen out over the patio, his left hand gripping the frame inside the house, literally hanging out of the door.
"Sure..." I agree, pulling my glasses off and grabbing a drink from my glass of wine.
"Cool." He smirked, and I saw the front door open from my seat.
"What up, guys?" Jamal greeted as they all chimed answers.
I tried to peak at who was all here and as Cesar walked in, my voice caught in my throat.
"Is Naomi here?" Cesar asked and I stood up, we made eye contact immediately, and I swallowed hard anxiously.
"I'll be right back, one sec." He excused himself and joined me on the patio, shutting the glass and screen door behind him sitting down across from me.
"Hey." He spoke first and I nodded, waiting. "I'm sorry, for that thing I said last week..." he apologized, trying this hardest to look at me and failing... "I was just trying to-"
"Impress your new cholo friends?" I bit, attitude thick in my voice.
"You hit the nail on the head." He tried to laugh, hoping to break the awkwardness with his sense of humor but unfortunately I was still mad, no matter how hard I tried to suppress it.
"I don't want to talk about it now, but I do want to talk about it." I admit, and he nods.
"I'm sorry, for treating you like that, and I'm sorry you thought you needed to protect me. I know Oscar isn't-"
"It's fine, Cesar." I promise and he put his lips between his teeth quickly before releasing them.
"Okay." We both stood up simultaneously and he walked to my side and gave me a long hug, making any real anger I had for him melt. "Thank you, by the way, for talking to Oscar, it didn't changed anything, but you must've done a number on him... he's been different. A good different. So thank you." He whispered and I gently kissed the top of his shoulder before squeezing him quickly as we pulled away.
"Now, are you ready to party hard, niñito?" I arched a brow, playfully.
"Of course." He shrugged putting up a tough front and we both laughed.

***

"Hey!" Someone tapped my shoulder from behind me and I turned around quickly, shocked slightly.
"Hi!" I smiled, seeing Marcus out of work attire, and looking especially handsome.
"Can I get you something to drink, boss lady?" He winked and I laughed, lifting my water bottle up.
"Heatwaves, am I right?" I joked, cheer'sing my Aquafina with his Corona and he joined me in laughing this time.
"Exactly." He finally said, a beautiful smile played on his lips as he eyed me up and down. "So you tryna dance, Ms. Naomi?" He asked, leaning closer to me and I swallowed hard.
"Are you offering?"
"I do believe I am." His hand ran down my arm and stopped at my hand, taking a hold on it. "What do you think?"
"I think I'm down." I squeeze his hand and he leads me to the dance floor.
We end up near Jamal, Cesar, Ruby, Monse, and Jasmine.
"Hey Naomi!" She waved at me enthusiastically and I smiled widely waving back, watching her bat a hand before pulling her inhaler out of her bra and taking a puff.
Marcus and I danced separately but we were constantly syncing up.
I laughed as Chantaje by Shakira came on and Jasmine audibly "oo'ed".
"Esta es mi canción!" Jasmine ran her hand down her body.
"I'm ready for that drink." I decided and he agreed.
We walked into the kitchen together, going to the sink. I grabbed a soda, and a cup, reaching behind a couple who were talking dirty to each other against the countertop and grabbed the whiskey.
"Going hard tonight?"
"I need to catch up to the kids." I winked and he smiled, again, watching me swirl the drink around and take a sip.
"I'm glad you're here this summer." He admits, removing the cap to his beer.
"Why's that?" I asked, folding my arms over my chest playfully pressing for him to elaborate.
"I've needed something exciting." He stepped closer, and I pulled my lip between my teeth fighting a smile.
"And?" I continued, my stomach in knots as he brought his large hand to my face, rubbing his thumb rhythmically on the apple of my cheek. He smiled again, looking me in the eyes with unwavering attention
"And I think you're it." He answered, moving his hand to my neck, then my shoulder squeezing it softly.
"Let's go dance." I suggest, finishing my drink and taking one more shot before dragging him out of the house.
I couldn't stop laughing as we all danced like fools through the entirety of Boogie by Brockhampton and my body definitely felt all of it, my thighs, especially, really feeling that burn...
I stretched as Finesse by Bruno Mars started and Jamal began to let loose. I leaned into Marcus, cackling.
"I can see it runs in the family?" Marcus teased and I nodded.
"It's in our blood, Marc-y, so don't ever try to show me up on the dance floor." I wiggled my brows stumbling backwards to give myself some space to give him a little dance battle moment.
He watched me, a brilliant smile on his lips and I began to lipsync to him the rest of Cardi's verse before going into a fit of various body rolls and finger pointing, my body drunkenly doing what my mind hoped for. He stood, watching me with a stupid smirk on his mouth the entire time and I loved every moment of it.
"When I'm walking with you!" I walked to him and put my arm on his shoulder, my legs straddling his as we moved our hips in sync.
Ruby started twerking now as Cesar began to pretend he was making it rain, and Monse broke out in a fit of laugher.
"Come on, Monse!" I encouraged her to dance and she put her hands on her knees, catching her breath.
"No way, this is too good." She assured and I rested my head on Marcus' chest again.
"This is the excitement I meant." He explained and I looked up at him now, my heart swelling in my chest as I selfishly stared into his beautiful brown eyes...
"I'm glad I delivered." I admit, taking my lip between my teeth, waiting.
I could see the contemplation on his face as he looked between my eyes and lips and just as I was about to give in-
"Come on, man!" Jamal huffed as the song changed abruptly. I pulled away from Marcus, giggling at Jamal's expense.
"Chill out, J." Ruby snapped.
"He's so dramatic." I complained before hearing a song I haven't heard in years begin.
I almost didn't recognize it, and I pulled away from Marcus, looking around quickly and that's when I saw him.
"No." I whispered.
"Naomi, me concedes éste baile?" Oscar held his hand out for me.
This night was too good for it not to be ruined by him...
I squeezed my eyes shut, reaching for his hand as he pulled me away from the kids and Marcus as Body Talk by Ciara played.
"Remember this one?" He nodded his head to the sky, referring to the song.
"Unfortunately." I admit, looking anywhere but him.
"I remember that night very well." He confessed and I rolled my eyes.
"Good for you."
"That was one of my favorite nights we spent together." He continued, and I played as though I was tuning him out. "We stayed up all night talking, you told me about senior year, and that book you loved, and played me your favorite music." He recounted, his hand moving up my back now. "That night we made love to this song, you were the first and only person I made love to, it wasn't just physical for us, ever. It was real, Naomi, all of it was real for us..."
"Oscar-" I cut in and he squeezed my hand, silencing me. He led me under his arm and had me pressed to his front now. He moved the hair from my left ear and continued.
"Naomi let me in, let me back in, I promise I'll do right by you..." he pleaded, and finally spun me around, face to face again.
I wanted to hurt him as much and I wanted to kiss him.
He seems to have a way of doing that to me.
"You know it, you know it's real." He paused, laying a small kiss on my neck. "Vamos a estar juntos, hermosa..."
"Oscar, it's done." I pulled my hand from his, deciding to just go home...

✨ authors note: I updated the cast page so check it out if you haven't already. Lemme know if you guys want me to make a playlist for this story too! Anyways feel free to share, like and comment. Thank you... ✨