Kai was right, the warehouse was starting to fill up. At first I recognized a couple of boys from our school. But immediately the crowd started changing. Older men were entering, the type of men that sent chills running down my spine. As the crowd began to fill up I latched a hand on Kai's wrist.

He eyed me skeptically. "Problem?"

I swiftly pulled my hood up covering my hair. "I know that guy." I said pointing.

~*~*~*~

Hugh Dawson was a good friend of Henry's, though Henry had a lot of good friends. He was rich and sadistic and I knew he would love nothing more than to tell Henry he'd seen me at an illegal fight club warehouse.

Kai seemed surprised. "You know Hugh?"

I nodded my head, not trusting my voice to be calm. I took a deep breath. "He can't see me."

Kai actually cracked a smile. "You're out of luck then. He usually wants to make conversation. He a friend of your dad's?"

I nodded not paying attention to the conversation anymore. I was too busy panicking. "I have to go." I said letting go of his wrist. I attempted to walk around him and he threw an arm out blocking my path. His face wasn't amused now.

"Are you crazy? Do you not see the type of people that are here. You're better off staying here and risking groundation."

I shook my head trying to get around him. "It's not just groundation." I mumbled on the verge of tears. It did seem like I was always crying in front of the Parkers. "I have to go." I said again .

Kai took me by surprise, grabbing my chin and reading my face expression before letting me go so quickly that I stumbled back a bit.

"What's the problem Ellie?" He was concentrated now, scrutinizing every move I made. I knew I couldn't give anything away. Not about Henry.

So I focused all of my hate on Hugh.

"He's an asshole." I said. It wasn't really a lie. When it didn't look like Kai was buying it, I took it a step further. "An innappropriate asshole."

Again, it wasn't really a lie.

His eyes immediately darkened and he dropped his arm.  "What kind of-"

"I'll owe you." I said fast, cutting him off before he could ask too many questions. "If you get me out of here, I'll owe you big time."

He pondered for about three seconds. "Fine. We'll sneak out the back."

Relief swamped through me and I grabbed his arm pulling him away before he had time to change his mind.

He was still distracted by my confession. "So why don't you tell your dad?" He asked as he led us through the door.

I shrugged forcing myself not to say step dad. "I can usually handle it. There's no need to make things awkward."

Kai wasn't convinced. "A grown ass man shouldn't be behaving innappropriately towards you." He said as if I was dumb and didn't understand how being a human worked.

I turned to him. "I have it under control." I said, making sure he wouldn't get any ideas to play hero.

"Sure you do." He pulled me towards the Camaro which was now lost in a sea full of cars parked in the lot. "That explains while we're going through these extremities to avoid him."

I didn't have a good response so I simply ignored him. I pulled open the door sitting in the passenger's seat. "Thanks for this by the way. " I said when he started the car and began to back out of the packed parking lot.

He sent me a determined look that told me he wasn't done speaking on the subject. "Oh, there's no need to thank me. " He drove like a madman and left the radio off and surrounding us in silence. "Besides, you owe me right?"

************************************

Thank you guys! Thank my readers for supporting this book. I really appreciate every single one of you. This book is currently number 109 in 'protective'. I'm just glad that you guys like it.

Keep reading!!