Chapter 4

Hyuuga blew his whistle and the team stopped training. Both Daiki and Kiseki looked up, holding their basketballs in hand. It had been a month since they moved to Japan and it really clicked well between the twins and the rest of the team. 

They had decided on a new regular team. Daiki was part of the new team with Kiseki on the bench and it would be switched between the twins every other quarter. It would be unfair to the other team members if they put both the twins in at the same time constantly, they were only going to have them together at the same time if they started getting in trouble and they needed to up their defense. Kiseki was really good under the basket, but with her still being a girl, even though she looked like a boy now, there would always be the risk of someone finding out so they tried to put Daiki in more. While Kiseki wasn't totally happy about it, she accepted it. It was better than nothing!

"Alright everyone, that's training for today. But before we clean up I wanted to let you know that I managed to schedule a practice match in two weeks' time with an old rival Kaijo High School." Hyuuga informed the students and smirked seeing the teens grin happily. These kids were all a bunch of basketball nerds. "Alright, now lets clean up. Extra training for the next two weeks. Even if it is a practice match, let's treat it like a real match!" He said.

"Yeah!" Everybody shouted before going to put the balls away.

Daiki jumped in the air and fist bumped his sister. "Finally we can show off!" He beamed, causing Kiseki to smile slightly and shake her head, running a hand through her short hair. She still had to get used to her new hairstyle, it has always been long. "Do you think Dad would come and look at the practice game? I know he normally doesn't, but since it's our first game in Japan..."

Kiseki shrugged. "I mean, if you ask him, I'm sure he would come and ask for someone to take his shift if he has one." She smiled as they started to clean up.

Both the twins loved their dad and enjoyed it when he watched, even though sometimes it could be super embarrassing! But overall they dealt with their parent really well, probably because they knew how much their dad sacrificed for them. It felt wrong if they would deny any attention or love. It was probably just silly, but it was a big thing for the twins. They wanted to their dad to know that he hadn't wasted away his time and dreams by raising them.

The twins cleaned up with the rest of the team, showered and changed into their uniforms again. Daiki was waiting out side for his sister, waving at their team mates as they passed him to go home. He was really excited for their first practice game!

"Hey." Tsuki said and walked up to Daiki. He had been the team member who challenged the twins when they first entered the team to try out. "Aren't you heading home?"

Daiki looked up and shook his head. "Not yet, waiting for my sister." He informed his team mate. "Why? Did you need something?"

Tsuki scoffed. "Nah, you wished." He said and grinned, but then Kiseki stepped out and Tsuki quickly caught her eyes before walking away. "See ya." The blond said and waved before stuffing his hands in his pockets and walking away before Kiseki reached his brother.

"Ready to go?" Daiki asked her as she fixed the bow in blue hair.

"Yep." Kiseki smile, placing her bag on her shoulder as they headed down the road as the sun set.

"You know, the short hair really does look good on you." DJ said as they walked side by side.

Kiseki beamed at her brother and smiled sweetly. "Thanks, Daiki-"

"Of course you look more like me though so it's obvious- OW!" She elbowed her brother in his stomach before running off. Daiki winched for a moment before running after her. He should have kept his mouth shut. That was going to bruise later.