Chapter 14: Sparkles

The next morning started with a dozen horses trotting towards us. So, he had arrived.

"Where are those girls?" Alaric asked in a loud and clear voice.
His soldiers had surrounded us by now.
I yawned as I walked towards him. "Who's that who's yelling early in the morning?"

"How dare you." He said.

"Oh! Look who's here! A coward!" I said and my troop started laughing.

"It's not me who's a coward. You all are. So coward that you were hiding in the Forest.!" Alaric said.

"Is it? Then why do you always bring your entire army to face us? Are we that strong for you?" Eva asked.

"I'm not scared of you. I'm not scared of anyone!" He shouted.

"You soon will be. " I said and stuck my sword on him. But it didn't hurt him. He just vanished.

He laughed and came right in front of me. "Do you actually think that can stop me?" He boasted and started fighting with me. I fought with him with all might. I kicked him, struck my sword again and defended myself when he attacked me.

"I give you one last chance. Give me those pendants and I'll peacefully go. If you don't, then I'll kill everyone, including you." He warned.

"No. Our job is to protect the pendants and Bellendis as well. We will never give you the pendants." I said.

"Really? So prepare to die! Attack!" He ordered his soldiers.

"Attack!" I ordered mine.

In no time, everyone was fighting someone. Evanthia joined me against Alaric. He was indeed very strong. Suddenly I saw Osgar coming out of our tent and looking fearfully at us. I knew I had to hide him before anyone attacked him. I signed Evanthia. She nodded.  Grifford somehow diverted his attention and pulled Alaric away from us so that he could help Evanthia.

I quickly went over to Osgar. I said, " Hey, Brave guy. Looks like you're up. Why don't you go have some breakfast? It's on the table over there." I suggested.

"Are we going to die?" He asked softly.

"No. Not at all. No one is going to die. It's just a small battle. It'll be over in no time. Don't be afraid." I assured him.

"Okay." He replied.

"So, now you have to do as I say okay? You will stay in here and hide under that bed until I call you. Okay?"
"Okay."

"Good boy. I'll be back in some time.
Just then, someone kept a hand in my shoulder. I was startled. I slowly turned back and saw a blond haired girl staring at me.

"Fleur?" I was shocked to see her. "I thought that you were..."

"Locked?" Fleur completed.

"Yes," I answered and moved back.
"Cal, I have to tell you something really important." She said

"I don't have the interest or the time for listening to your rubbish. You are responsible for her death. You are responsible for our failure! If you hadn't read out the prophecy, then none of this would have happened. You are the reason we are here. The least you can do is let us win this battle in peace. Just go away." I raised my voice.

"Look, I know that you're really upset with me. But I'm here to help you out. I know what I did was wrong and I realized it later. I had drowned in the sorrow of losing my father. I'm really sorry about Rhiannon." Fleur apologized.

"A sorry won't bring her back. " I said.
"I know. But it will surely help you win this war." Fleur said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.