Lauren turned to face Camila. "I still really haven't progressed what just happened," she told her with a sad expression on her face.

"Yeah me neither." Camila looked around once more avoiding Laurens gaze. "This is fucking crazy," Lauren stated while glancing at their surroundings.

"You know, you were really brave in there Lauren," Camila told her with a soft smile on her lips gathering up every courage she had left. "I probably wouldn't have made it if it wasn't for you. Same goes for Harry."

Lauren gave her a smile back. "You call me brave?" she laughed. "You saved the kid two times in a row. If it wasn't for you he would still be laying under that locker in the first place."

Camila blushed and a short silence fell between them.

"So what are we going to do now?" Lauren asked her to break the silence.

"God my family! " Camila suddenly thought. She was still so focused on what just happened that she had totally forgotten her family!

"I have to check if my family is alright. I live a few blocks away from here and my litter sister is still at home with her babysitter."

Lauren wiped her hand through her long black hair, which she seemed to do a lot.

"Well let us go fast then," Lauren told her with a comforting tone, waiting for Camila to start walking.

"Wait you're going with me?" Camila's pulse immediately quickened. "Don't you have to check if your family is alright?" she spoke nervously.

"My family doesn't live here. I live in an apartment close to the school. Or well... what's left of it? I already tried to call my mom but the phone lines are dead. Guess we have to wait till the power is back on. But for now, I don't really have anywhere to go. So yeah, I guess I'll stick with you for a while. If that's okay with you of course." Lauren smiled.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Camila thought. She just survived a giant earthquake but she wasn't sure if she would survive it if Lauren would come with her.

"Yes of course, no problem. "She said before glancing awkwardly to the ground. "This way."

The walk to Camila's house was silent. Not just because they weren't really talking but because there was just almost no sound on the suddenly empty street. Only the sound of their footsteps touching the broken pavement filled their eardrums

So this is what they call 'The calm after the storm' Camila thought to herself.

A soft breeze had set up and blew softly against Camila's skin. Looking to her right she studied the green-eyed girl next to her like she had done so many times. Laurens' eyes were focused on the road ahead of them and she looked even paler than usual. Then she suddenly clenched her jaw and let out a soft groan like if she was in pain.

"Are you okay?" Camila asked worriedly. "Yeah, I'm fine don't worry about it. I was just thinking how much longer we have to walk to get to your house because these legs are pretty fucking tired!" Lauren laughed it off, pointing to her long slender legs. Camila decided to not question any further.

"Well lucky for your impatient ass we are actually right here" She laughed back while pointing at the luckily still intact house.

Camila walked up to the front porch straight to the door. She reached into her pocket, trying to find her keys when she noticed the door was already open. They both looked at each other for a second with a worried look on their faces. Then Camila pushed slightly at the door to open it a little further and slipped inside followed by Lauren.

The house looked rather empty. Photo frames lay cracked on the floor with the glass broken. The bookshelf had fallen over and all the books lay sprawled across the floor. The girls turned in the direction of the living room which had basically gone through the same catastrophe.

"Hello?" Camila shouted. "Sofi?"

No answer

"Sofi it's me, Camila! You don't have to be afraid anymore!"

Still no answer. Camila looked in every room while Lauren followed her patiently. Finally entering the last room, Camila's room, they still didn't see any sine from Sofi or her babysitter being in the house.

Entering Camila's room she noticed a piece of paper laying on her pillow. She quickly picked it up and started reading the fast scribbled note.

While Camila was reading Lauren took that time to look around in Camila's room. She noticed the poster all across the walls with all sorts of celebrities like Ed Sheeran, The 1975 and One Direction. Her eyes landed on the shelf with pictures of a much younger Camila holding a smaller kids hand. Probably Sofi, Lauren thought.

"They are not here anymore" Camila suddenly spoke, bringing Lauren out of her thoughts.

"What do you mean?" Lauren asked confused. Camila handed her the note.

Camila, 

If your reading this, Sofi is fine. Don't worry about her. After the earthquake, some help troops came in the house to get us somewhere safe. They evacuated the whole neighbourhood because this wasn't just a normal earthquake Mila. This was something way bigger. I couldn't get much information but they say it's too dangerous to stay. They say they'll bring us to a safety zone in Orlando. You can meet us there. Be safe Camila. I will take good care of Sofi until you're here. 

Xxx From Chelsea and Sofi

Lauren looked up shocked into Camila's brown eyes as she finished reading the note. "What do you think she means with, this wasn't just a normal earthquake?"

"I don't know. Can't be that good but the only thing that matters right now is that I get to Orlando as soon as possible" Camila answered firm.

"You mean WE get to Orlando as soon as possible" Lauren corrected her. "If you don't mind me joining you for a little longer." Lauren smiled.

Camila giggled. "As long as you don't walk in my way, I don't see any problems with you accompanying me on my journey." She smirked slightly.

"Well pack a few things and let's get going then" Lauren laughed.

And this was the start of an unforgettable journey..

Hey guysss, I hope your enjoying it so far because I know I am! Make sure you twinkle that little star below and have a great day/night! Part 4 coming tomorrow <3