chapter 3

Beth's POV

   When I went to open the door and was relieved to see my Dad back. He usually works late-night shift. Talking about time, HOLY HELL WHAT'S THE TIME?!

   "Guys, it's getting late. I think you should probably go home." I said to my BFF's. Melissa hugged me again and said, "I am so glad you are back. You don't know how much we missed you. Get ready tomorrow morning, I will come to pick you up. Ashton just lives next door. Maybe he can give you some company for now. Right, Ash?" she turned to face him and arched her eyebrows. He stuttered and said, "I- I- Ya sure if she wants." And he turned bright red.

   Just then my Dad had entered the living room and said, "Hey Kiddos. How are you guys? It's been such a long time since I've seen you guys. Look at you, all tall and grown up! I still remember when you used to bring the backyard water hose inside the home and flood the whole house. There was once when I slipped and fell down. Thank god I didn't hit my head or else you juvenile kids would have been behind the bar!" 

   We all got embarrassed thinking about those time. Hikari replied back in an innocent voice, "We didn't do it, uncle. I think the neighbours must have sneaked in and done that." We all broke down laughing. Melissa and Hikari had to bid goodbyes as their curfews were up.

   Now I was left alone with Ashton. He remained silent the whole time. I decide to start a conversation, "So, I heard that you and Mel are a part of the school swimming team. Even though you used to swim in the nearby park pond, I never knew it would come out to be your passion. Wow. that's so great! You don't look like an athletic person though." I said with a smirk.

  He chuckled and said, "I know. I missed you a lot, Ella. I wish that you would stay with- me-sorry- with us forever." What's it with these people and making me emotional today? 

   I wiped out a small tear from my eyes before it fell on my cheek and said, "I promise that I would never do anything to hurt you guys AGAIN." He unexpectedly hugged me and I returned it back. He broke away from it and sighed and said, "I should probably leave now. I'll see you tomorrow. If you need anything give me a call." We quickly exchanged our numbers and he left.

I can't believe he came out to be such a gentleman.

Mel's POV

   Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! I fell down again. I should really put some barriers on the sides of my bed to keep me from falling. 

   TRRIIIIIINNNNGGGGG. 

   There goes my alarm. I haven't slept the previous night as I kept thinking about Beth and was jumping in excitement. 

   I got ready into a lace-trimmed off-shoulder blue blouse and paired it up with white jeans. I brush my hair and left it in its natural curl. I didn't bother eating my breakfast and drove my car away from the garage. I called Hikari and Beth and asked them to get ready. After I picked Hikari, I drove to Beth's and Ash's House. I honked the car signalling her and Ash to come down. Ash took a long time coming down so I honked the car even louder. 

   At last, he came out of his house looking freshly showered. As he stepped into the car and sat beside me, his cologne filled the air and he said irritatingly, "Mel! Can't you wait for a minute? We are already half an hour early plus it's not like we are gonna miss the train or something!" 

   I looked at Beth from the front view mirror and caught her deep in thought staring at Ash. I chuckled and she averted her gaze to the mirror. I gave her a knowing look and she just turned deep red. Guess my cupid act should start working on these both. They make a perfect couple.