♔ xvii. "Please don't be mad."

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry, you were saying?" He blinked at them. He wasn't really sure what was happening; he didn't talk to them often though he does know they're always one of those who initiate conversations with him.

"I was saying that if you guys don't mi"

"SEULGI!"

Heads turned towards the sound of fear and panic from Wendy, without much thought; he was already walking towards the two of them with purposeful steps leaving the two girls hanging without a word. Taehyung who was having a nice chat with Sungjae and Namjoo from the other class also left in rush.

I guess it's not good to be overly excited. Seulgi thought to herself as she looked at the cuts and scrapes on her left leg. With too much wandering and picture taking, she wasn't aware of the slope right in front of her and thus resulted with her slipping sideways; grazing her right left leg on rough earthy ground.

"Are you okay?" Wendy inspected her in panic, worry lacing her voice. "Oh my god, you're injured Seulgi-ah. What do I do?" She wished she knew what to do at times like this but it was usually their Irene eonnie who treated any minor wounds they had.

The stinging pain shot up through her leg like fire. Seulgi cringed. The pain was like needles that had been dipped in alcohol had been jammed through her skin. "Don't worry, Wendy. It's just a scratch." She offered a smile in hopes it would ease her friend's worry.

"A scratch that could get infected if not treated promptly, that is." The sound of his voice was enough to calm her. In all honesty, she was palpitating from adrenaline caused by her sudden fall. She tried to act calm so Wendy wouldn't worry but she was shaken herself.

"Jimin." She smiled up at him, thankful for his calming presence.

"Seulgi." He replied firmly. Eyes fixed on her. She wondered if he was mad. He wasn't smiling.

Knowing she was in safe hands, Wendy stood up. "I'll look for the school nurse."

"Let me see." Jimin inspected her just as Wendy did. He saw the cuts on her fair white skin and it really didn't sit well with him. The skin looked inflamed and irritated. "Does it hurt anywhere else? How's your ankle?"

Seulgi shook her head and looked down at her leg. "I don't think I broke anything." She paused and turned to him. "Don't worry, I'm fine." She continued which earned her a flick on the forehead.

"The lady who fell and got injured shouldn't tell others to not worry about her. Do you think you can walk?"

With a small pout, Seulgi tried to stand up only to feel the stinging pain acting up again. She tried to hold her hiss. Before she could move any more, she felt herself lifted and next thing she knew she was in his arms, in bridal style. She would have been embarrassed if only she wasn't bothered that she might have upset Jimin. With her arms linked together around his neck, Seulgi let herself be carried.

"Is she okay?" Taehyung asked in concern. "The others are worried too." He motioned towards Sungjae and Namjoo. Not only them but when she looked around, Kei, Jisoo and the others eyed her uneasily. She offered them a smile.

"She only needs minor treatment, I'll take her."

Taehyung grinned at her, knowing what was up. "You should really be careful, princess. You have the ability to give people heart attack, you know." He gave her a wink which confused her. "Since it has come to this− why don't we group together with Wendy and Seulgi? What do you think Jiminie?"

•••

After being checked on by Irene and Yoongi, the sophomore and seniors began their briefing. As planned, the seniors were paired with sophomores and freshmen with juniors. They will have to form a group of four, class section is not taken into account which means they can for groups with their classmates outside homeroom.